𝟎𝟕

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

MINA WAS BAFFLED when she entered the liquor store and was caught by Kat, who'd just come out of the freezer

"Mina? What're you doing here?" she asked.

Mi had only half a second to respond before Kat noticed her hesitation, so she replied, "I'm just picking some stuff up for Nate. You?"

"I'm just getting some weed."

Fezco and Ashtray watched both girls lie to each other in amusement.

"Oh, um.... it's been a while since we hung out. I don't know if you have plans already but you should come to the carnival with Lex and me!" Mina suggested hopefully.

"For sure," Kat smiled. The girls said their goodbyes and Kat left the store, with nothing less than $160 in her bag, unbeknownst to Mi.

"That was close," Fez smirked.

"You could've texted me to wait around the corner or something!" she remarked.

"So now you want me to tell you what to do?" he joked.

Mina rolled her eyes but couldn't fight the grin on her face. Ashtray observed them quietly, catching on very quickly as to why they were smitten so fast.

Fezco hadn't dated since before his grandmother became bedridden by a stroke she'd suffered when he was eighteen. That was only two years ago but in that time Fez stepped up and took charge of her convenience store. Along with monopolizing the drug industry in their little town of Highland.

He had all his priorities straight and didn't look in a single person's direction, at least anything more than a casual hook up. All he cared about was taking care of Ashtray and his grandma, and now, Mina.

Ash knew it from the moment Fez had said he'd agreed to tattoo her. Fezco didn't do anyone favors.

In the last two weeks she'd been to the store a total of three times and stayed to watch the sunset with them. Then even after she'd leave, Fez would still talk about her to Ashtray and he listened like he knew what it meant when he said her skin looked pastel pink in the golden hour. Which is why it was so funny to him that while she was there, all they did was go back and forth.