The Real Deal (5x12)

Summary request: Daisy is confronting Coulson when he's telling her to lead and she finds out he's dying. You comfort her afterwards.

Second update in one day? Who is she? haha. Thank you for requesting. Hope you liked it :) Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the second (or third) parts you requested of earlier chapters. I'm working on them.

Why did it always come down to sacrifice? You knew when you started in SHIELD, that giving your life for the greater good would be a real option someday, but the past few years in Coulson's team had put you in front of that dilemma more times than you could count. 

Today was no different, just when you thought you had escaped those goddamn Monoliths, an explosion in the basement of the Lighthouse merged all three of them together to tear a hole in spacetime. Fitz called it a ''fear dimension''. Everyone's worst fears came to life and the infection was spreading. 

So someone had to go down there and close the rift. But who?

You knew Coulson would never let anyone else besides himself go downstairs, but while he always sacrificed himself, this time it felt different. He had never been so determined to go.

''None of you are expendable!'' The man yelled, ending the discussion that had broken out between you, Daisy, May and Fitz. Of course, Daisy had said she'll go, but you would never let her. ''I go in alone. End of discussion.''

He wanted to walk off, but Daisy blocked his path, frustrated by this turn of events. ''Wait. That's stupid, and you know it. Military tactics one-o-one. You never jeopardize a general when a soldier can do the job-'' She was beyond angry at him, but only because she cared so much. It was rare you saw her so angry.

''You're not just a soldier.'' He cut her off, once again stirring the suspicion in you that he had something else he wasn't telling you. He had always considered Daisy as more than just an Agent, but this was much more than that. ''Not anymore. Like it or not. You can't throw yourself on the grenade.''

''You're doing that right now!'' she countered, getting more and more upset. You knew this wasn't something you had to get involved with. It was between her and Coulson.

''You have to weigh consequences,'' Coulson simply answered. He made another move to walk out, but Daisy was quick to jump in front of him again. 

''Wait. No, hold on. That's ex- You're doing exactly what you're telling me not to do right now. You're putting yourself at risk, when my very existence here is dangerous.''

You hung your head. Daisy had wanted to stay in the future, right before you all jumped back via the Monolith. She was the reason the world was destroyed. Her powers, one way or another, would crack the world apart, resulting in the dystopian future you had seen. Angry and bitter she was, when Coulson iced her and brought her back against her will.

''I'm looking at the big picture. You're needed for the future, Daisy.''

Daisy was so confused by this sudden turn of subject that her anger turned into skepticism. Crossing her arms, she raised an eyebrow. ''To lead? That's what you said me when you iced me, right? "To lead"?''

Coulson nodded, a sad look on his face. ''And to inspire.''

''‭To lead what? To inspire who?'' Daisy had stepped closer to him again. She didn't understand anything of what he said. She didn't understand why he would suddenly sacrifice himself and needed her to lead. To be honest, you could see her as a leader. You would follow her to the ends of the Earth, but you were biased.

''SHIELD''

Daisy got angrier and angrier while Coulson just stood there, accepting everything she threw at him, as if he had no energy to go against her. ''There is no SHIELD! Coulson, there's no SHIELD! Look around!''