10

Carlisle's pov:
When this morning my boys called me to inform me on how they found our mate I was seconds away from leaving my work to go and meet my precious baby. I after all have been waiting for My surely beautiful mate my whole existence. Sadly I am not able to leave as I would of loved to since today I got a new co worker. Miss Bakers reputation however made me stay. As far as i heard she won't care to move again and this hospital really needs her to stay. So with that in mind and with the promise of my boys that they will ask her to come over after school, I decided on staying. Much to my surprise Dr. Baker and i have been getting along rather greatly which shocked me. As far as everyone always said she is a loner and doesn't care that much for human contact but that's really far from the truth. She cares so much for all of the patients she met that she simply forgets the people around her. Other than the others I highly appreciate her caring side as well as her wish to help everyone to the best of her abilities. It's honestly amazing to see someone else with the same drive as I have in this work field. Still, I can't wait to finally go home and meet my perfect angel! With a quick glance at my watch I smile softly at the knowledge that in only half an hour that's exactly what I am going to do. When I turn around I see Emma standing at the nurse desk with a heartbroken look in her eyes. Not liking to see her like that I make my way right towards her. She after all has become a person that i can see myself become a friend of mine.
„Emma? Is everything alright?" I question afraid that something might happened while I was gone for a few minutes. Her sad brown eyes find mine and even without Jaspers gift I can feel her sorrow rolling off of her.
„I guess, yeah. It's just that I got a different shift as I got told beforehand, which sadly won't allow me to go home to my daughter as planned and that ends one of the most precious traditions we have." she says with such self hatred and guilt that it takes my breath away. Luckily being a vampire means I don't need to breath any longer, but it does hurt me to see her like this. Normally i would right away offer to take her shift instead but I really want to meet my mate! Her intelligent eyes watch me for a second before she shakes her head with a tight smile.
„Don't worry, I won't ask you to switch shifts with me. Not after you have been telling me this whole day how you can't wait to finally go home and get to know your new family member." she says and squeezes my shoulder as she walks off. Sighing heavily to not be able to help her out this time. Especially since this tradition means this much to her and her daughter. But I just can't stay here and not meet my mate. I simply can't! Hearing my phone ringing I quickly answer it.
„Hey Edward." i say and turn around to see Emma ask another doctor who right away declined. Her shoulders slouching in devastation more and more the longer I watch at her.
„hey! I just call to tell you that we are on our way home now. Clair is following us so you will meet her the second you get home." he says proudly that they got her to come to our house as we hoped.
„That's amazing! I can't wait to meet our mate!" I say just as Emma got another no as answer.
„There also is something that we wanted to give you a heads up. Our mate is going to ask you for a favor." Emmet says through the phone. Confusing me slightly. What could she possibly want to need from me. Not that I wouldn't give her absolutely everything but still I am curious what she might want to ask me.
„It has to do with a very important tradition she and her mom have after their move to a new place. But now her mom called her to cancel since she got the night shift at the hospital." Emmet further explains me and that's when it makes click in my mind. My perfect mate is the daughter of Emma! I should of known it from the very start! Both of them just moved here and Emma has been talking about her perfect daughter this whole day!
„I don't know if you already met her mom Dr. Baker but if you could maybe take over her night shift that would mean the world to our mate. Maybe you guys can split the shift. That way you still can come home now and later on in the evening you could drive back to the hospital?" Jasper says hopeful that I will agree to their plan to make our mate happy and of course I will do just that! This way I am not only to help out a new friend of mine but also make my mate happy. Two birds one stone!
„Of Course! I will talk to her mom right away. See you guys in a bit! Can't wait to finally meet our precious mate." I answer them and end the call to go and speak with Emma right away. When I see her leaning on a wall looking absolutely devastated I only smile that I will be able to help her.
„Emma, hey! I just talked with my sons and they told me about how your daughter is their new friend and that she is really sad about your traditions ending." I start to say and see her look shocked before her eyes fill with tears at hearing that her daughter is this affected of this event. So to make her not start to cry I quickly lift my hands up to make sure she lets me finish.
„Why don't we share the shift. I go home now to meet up with my family and then I come back around 6:30 pm so you can spend the evening and night with your daughter?" I ask her and see the disbelief on her face. That's when she suddenly throws her arms around me to hug me.
„Thank you so much Carlisle! You have no idea how much this means to my daughter and I. So thank you! I swear if you ever need anything you can count on me! Promise!" she says with such relief and thankfulness that I smile at her in return.
„Awesome! Then I head on home for now and come back around 6:30." I say and see her nodding her head right along with me.
„Ok! And thanks again Carlisle!" she says honestly to which I only nod before waving to leave to finally meet my sweet mate.