Chapter 29

"Emilyn, watch out!" Someone shouted and she lookup.

"What's wrong?" Emilyn asked.

"Your cup almost overflowed," Will said. "What's going on? You are never distracted."

"Something happened yesterday," Emilyn told him. "Something felt so fake, but is real."

"Okay?" He looks at her weirdly. "Whatever it is, focus on your job." He sigh.

"I'm sorry, just got distracted. I promise it would never happen again." Emilyn drew a cross on her heart with her index finger.

"Good, now get back to work. No more distraction." Will chases her away with his hands.

"Aye, aye captain." Emilyn put her hand up into a salute and Will can't help it to smile. "Anyways, why are you here again?"

"I told the boss to change my shift to Sunday so I can have a day off on Monday." He said. "And Patricia can't come on Sunday so, I'm here now."

Emilyn nods, "weirdly you have taken the job, you hated it last time."

"But I get to rest on Monday, while everyone has to get out to work. So is a bonus deal for me." He said. Emilyn bobbed and they continue working till the end of the shift.

"Ahh." Will stretch his back. "Finally, I can get out of here."

"I still have no idea why you want to take this shift." Emilyn shakes her head and chuckle.

"See you next week."

"Yup," Emilyn waves bye to him and he walks in his direction and she walks towards hers.

"Emilyn." She turns around and saw Christopher lean against his car. "How did I not notice him?" Emilyn thought.

"Hi," Emilyn said with a small smile.

"Come on, let's get you home." Christopher opens the car door for her. Once he got in, they drove in silence all the way home.

"Thank you for the ride." Emilyn unbuckles her seatbelt.

"Uhm..." Christopher rubs the back of his neck. "Have you thought about what I said yesterday?"

"No, yes...I mean no, I mean yes." Emilyn stumbles at her words.

"Slow down, you don't have to be so nervous. I'm just asking a question." He chuckles

"I'm sorry, I mean to say yes I thought about it."

"And..." Christopher leans towards her, with anticipation.

"And the answer is yes, I would love to." Christopher's face lights up and his mouth turns into a big smile. "So I guess we are a thing now," Emilyn asked.

"Definitely." The smile on Christopher's face is still there.

"I have one request." Emilyn said, "Can we keep this between us for the meantime? I just don't want it to be a public thing."

"Sure." Christopher nods.

"Okay, so I'll be going now," Emilyn said nervously.