Part 10

Before I could say anything more to Bucky my cell door opens abruptly. The guard walks in and orders Bucky out and grabs me, pulling me out of my cell, holding my hands behind my back.

I get escorted into a room that is far too familiar to me. I gulp as I remember all the horrible torture I witnessed and endured here.

I get pushed into an electric chair. I try to fight against the people starting to surround me but the cuffs on my wrists send electric shocks through my body once again. I let out a frustrated scream as the pain surges through my body and I get pushed back into the chair. The people lock me into the machine.

I desperately look next to me and see Bucky in the chair next to me.

"No! No! Don't do this to him! He did nothing wrong!" I beg. But my cries are useless as another guard shoves a mouthguard into my mouth to ease the coming pain. I change my expression hard, bracing for the machine to start. I look up and see it lower down to me.

There it is the familiar, excruciating pain, surging through every inch of my body. I scream in agony and I hear Bucky scream too. The electricity rips through me, continuously tearing me apart every second. Every time I think I can't take it anymore when I feel like I'm about to die, it continues. I continue living through the pain, wishing that it would just kill me so it would be over.

Then...

Nothing...

.....

I hear locks being undone, and I feel the metal surrounding my body retreat. I sit up and look at the man standing in front of me and the man in the chair next to me. We both wait patiently for instruction.

"Welcome back soldiers." The man greets, "I have a mission for you."

Me and the man I have learned to call winter soldier, sit silently in the back of a semi, waiting for our signal. I look down at the guns I have been equipped with, rather small compared to the guns they gave the winter soldier.

I examine the shaft, barrel, and double-check that it isn't loaded before playfully teasing the trigger. I look up and see the winter soldier loading his guns. I follow, knowing we are close to our required destination.

I doubt I will use my guns. The way I can control things with my mind is a far more useful weapon. And it seems to get the job done just fine.

I feel the semi screech to a halt. My co-worker and I both stand, ready for the signal.

We both hear the driver's door slam shut. Bucky immediately kicks open the back doors of the semi. I pull up my mask and follow him out, we silently make our way into an old abandoned building.

We make our way up a couple of flights of stairs before we are facing the target's apartment in the neighboring building. The winter soldier sets up a large gun by the window as I stand guard. I was told to watch for anybody or anything that could interfere with our objective.

I hear my colleague load the large gun from behind me.

I'm about to turn to look at him when I hear a thud come from the floor above us.

"I got it," I inform him as I go to the stairs. I look up and see a pair of boots coming towards my face. Before I can even think I feel the harsh impact of the rubber against my face. I fall to the ground but flip back on my feet to see a red-haired woman coming at me at full speed.

I block her first jab, retaliating with a sharp uppercut to her chin. I hear grunts and fighting behind me but I focus on the redhead.

I sweep one leg under her, causing her to trip as I hold my knee to her back, restraining her arms.

"Cap. A little help?" I hear the woman grunt from underneath me. Shit, there is someone else here.

Just as I go to knock her out I feel a strong boot come in contact with my side, causing me to release the redhead from my hold.

I roll and stop myself, skidding my boots against the concrete floor. I look up to see a tall man wearing patriotic colors helping the redhead to her feet. I roll my eyes at his choice in fashion and stand up. The man nods his head towards my colleague and the redhead runs in that direction. He looks directly at me before making his move, giving himself away.

I dodge his attempted blow to my face, sliding, my back on the floor, kicking his legs out from under him. He tumbles forwards, somersaulting and standing to his feet. He flings his shield at me but I stop it midair using my mind. Instead, I fling it back at him, this proves useless when he catches it and advances towards me once again.

I use my powers to pull the shield to the ceiling, the man being dragged with it. With the few seconds, I've bought myself I look to where my coworking was standing, but he is no longer there. I furrow my brows in confusion, also not seeing the redhead.

I turn back to the man, he has fallen to the ground and still clings tightly to his shield. Instead of coming at me, he takes a few steps and stops.

"You don't have to do this you know." The man speaks to me. I tilt my head, confused as to why he thinks that would make me stop.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask sarcastically. I advance towards him. I'm too close when he thrusts his shield at me, I have no time to send it off course before it hits me right in the chin.

The sharp impact of the shield causes my mask to fall off my face. I rub my jaw, acknowledging the pain, and look back at the man infuriated.

When I look at him I don't see the expected determined look on his face. Instead, I see a shocked expression as if seeing a ghost.

"Vanessa?" He stammers. I furrow my brows at his word.

"Who the hell is Vanessa?" I question. He's playing a game with me at this point. I'm tired of it. I take a few momentum steps towards him, preparing to make a move.

I suddenly feel a sharp pain on the side of my head, causing me to hit a cement wall. Then...

Black.

*****

Author's Note: Thank you so much for all the reads! And votes! Please vote for more!