Chapter 1

Approximately a few months ago,

Akashi Seijuurou turned fifteen today. It was a beautiful birthday for him, having someone that he cherished next to him while stepping towards the future. The girl that sat next to him already dozed off and landed her head on his shoulder. Akashi smiled at the warmth that they shared together. He was never the type to openly show his affection, but he’ll let it slide this time.

He reached for her hand and closed the gaps between their fingers.

It fit perfectly.

Once again, a small smile appeared on his lips. The sudden contact made the girl next to him stirred, and woke up. She blinked a few times and murmured, “... Seijuurou?” She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands.

“Rena, did you sleep well?” Akashi asked, looking at her tenderly.

“Hnn, yeah. Quite a nice one, I must say.” She commented drowsily. “Did I sleep too long?” she added.

“Hm, yes. Quite long since you managed to drool on my jacket.” He said, voice sounding so serious.

“W-what?! Really ?!”she asked, panic flashed on her eyes as she frantically searched for the place that she drooled on his jacket. “S-Seijuurou, I can’t find it! Gosh!” she frowned.

“Hey, take it easy, will you?” Akashi hid his smile, even though he knew he can’t hold back the urge of laughing at that moment.

“Seijuurou! I’m serious, you know!” she said in frustration. Her brows furrowed together and she was biting her lips softly. It was an act that she always did whenever she felt nervous and guilty. Something that Akashi noticed from the first time they met.

“It’s okay, Rena. Don’t worry about it.” Akashi placed his hand around her shoulder, making their gap even closer.

“How could you say that?! That’s so embarassing!”

“It’s a joke, love. I’m just joking from the beginning.” He admitted, and Rena swore she saw a grin on his face for a split second.

“Seijuurou! You’re joking?!” she raised her voice, mustering an angry expression.

“Oh, you’re mad, Rena?” he chuckled softly, pulling her close to him – making her leaned on him.

“Akashi Seijuurou! That joke is too much, you know!” Rena pouted, folding her arms.

“Well, I’m sorry then if it’s a little bit too much.” He apologized, placing his chin on top of her head.

“Mm, not forgiven, Seijuurou.” She whispered, trying to hide the blush that dusting her cheeks pink.

“You can’t forgive me till your face’s red, Rena? How cute.” He snickered, earning a small slap on his arm by Rena.

“Hey, you’re bullying me!” Rena grumbled.

“Sorry, can’t help it, love.”

“Hey, Seijuurou.”

“Hmm? What is it, Rena?”

“What if I’m no longer by your side? What will you do?”

“Rena, what are you talking about?” Akashi frowned slightly. He hated this kind of topic. It made him felt like he was slowly losing her and he didn’t want to feel that way. It hurts. A lot.

Just like the moment when his mother closed her eyes forever.

His chest felt hurt.