Chapter 15 - Beach

When Lando was also done with showering and getting ready, the two of them decided to go to the beach. The weather wasn't great but they didn't mind. Quite the contrary was the case actually, because that meant there would probably not be a lot of people around, which was exactly what they were hoping for.

"Wow, I just realized I haven't been here in so long. Sometimes I forget how nice Monaco actually is." Arthur said when they arrived at Larvotto beach. Thankfully they were completely alone except for an old man walking his dog in the distance.

"We get used to the things that are around us all the time and don't see their beauty anymore, no matter how special they are." Lando shrugged after speaking those words of wisdom.

"Well, I don't think I'll ever get used to this beauty right in front of me." Arthur's voice had gotten a little lower and quieter now. Lando slightly raised one of his eyebrows in confusion. Hadn't the Monegasque just said the complete opposite?

He turned around but completely forgot about asking Arthur what he meant by that, because instead of standing behind him and looking out at the sea, like they had both done for the past few minutes, Arthur was now right next to Lando, gazing down at him with a gentle smile. He was so close, and his presence immediately sent a warm flush through Lando's body.

"I was talking about you, idiot." he now grinned, interpreting Lando's confused look correctly.
"Oh." was all the Brit could get out before a big smile formed on his face as well and he even dared to take one of Arthur's hands into his own after scrambling all of his courage together.

A blush crept onto his face when he intertwined their fingers and he felt the need to look away again to hide it but something in his mind stopped him from doing so. He didn't quite know what it was but he couldn't stop looking into Arthur's eyes, it almost felt like he was being hypnotized.

"I still can't believe you're here. I'm afraid I will wake up any second and it was all just a dream." the younger boy was almost whispering now. Lando squeezed his hand a little. "You know, dreams always end right before the best part is about to happen."

Arthur just nodded and squeezed his hand back, before bringing his other hand up and resting it on Lando's cheek. His thumb gently stroked over the flushed skin and a loving smile formed on his face.

"Then I think I will have to make sure I'm not dreaming now."

With that, Arthur slowly leaned closer so that their noses were almost touching now. He looked into Lando's eyes again, a questioning expression on his face.

Lando just nodded. It was the only thing he could do. He wasn't able to get out a single word. His heart was beating so fast, he was sure everyone within a radius of 10 miles could hear it.

All of this was immediately forgotten however, when Arthur's lips finally touched his. His heart could have even jumped out of his chest in this moment and he probably wouldn't have noticed it.

The kiss was gentle and tentative and only lasted for a few seconds, but it was perfect.

The younger one slowly pulled away again, still cupping Lando's face with one of his hands. They both smiled at each other shyly.

"Definitely not dreaming." Arthur murmured before leaning in, to kiss Lando again. The older one now raised his free hand to rest on Arthur's hip, causing the latter to pull him even closer and smile against his lips.

---

Finally giving you what you've all been begging for :D

Hope you liked it!