Chapter 1

Camping.....well generally anything outdoors is nay for person who likes to stay at home,  but it's "a family bonding experience" says your dad, so you had to go. After dinner you take a small walk through the woods.

The sky was breathtaking.You sat down on a rock and stargazed. Looking at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity you felt so small.

Suddenly your phone vibrates,you pick it up to see your best friend’s name pop up with a heart. You answer the call and talk with her for a few minutes. All of a sudden you feel a hand closing your mouth tightly and another around your waist trying to lift you. You pull his hair, making him scream

"Ouch it hurts."

He loosens his grip.

"That’s what you get for trying to kidnap me. I knew it was you." You look at your annoying big brother.

"Well a small girl like you shouldn't be alone. Someone might really kidnap you."

"Small girl? Really? I am 17 and no one can kidnap me."

Your brother rolls his eyes.

"Whatever come soon"

You nod. He leaves. You talk with your bestie for a few more minutes and make your way back to the tent.

On the way you feel your foot hit something on the wet ground. You turn on your phone's flashlight to get a view of what you hit ,"Is that.....a book?"

It’s covered with mud making it hard to read the title.
You take it back to your tent and clean it to reveal....

VAMPIRES : A COMPLETE HISTORY

The book looks so old and different. 

'Did I discover something? Let me look through it after I go home'

You put the book inside your backpack and go to sleep almost immediately.
Two days went by quite quickly and you don’t think you bonded with your family at all.You finally arrive home. You directly go to your haven which is your room and lay on your bed.

'It feels so good to be back', you groan.

After few minutes you shower and wear your pyjamas. You binge watch Vampire Diaries and sleep.

Next day

It's the last day of your summer vacation and you decided to spend it binge watching series and movies.

You were going to miss doing nothing, terribly.

It was nearly 7pm when you heard your mom complaining that you still didn't unpack the bag you took for camping.

You scream “Ok ok I’ll do it now"

You lethargically walk downstairs to unpack all your stuff.

'Wait how did I forget about the book?'

You decide to read the book after dinner.

You always loved supernatural beings especially vampires and you want to know a lot about them. The thing is they don't exist or that's what you believe. Anyways anything about vampires makes you excited.

The book was really interesting. It talked about origins of vampires and other creatures. But what caught your attention the most was this:

HOW TO SUMMON VAMPIRES

Your eyes go wide with excitement.

'Will it work? What if it doesn't? What if it does?'

'Nope it's not gonna work. Will it?
Only one way to find out.'

After making sure your family is asleep, you follow the instructions given in the book.

CLOSE THE DOORS AND LEAVE THE WINDOWS OPEN.

DO NOT HAVE ANY SHARP OBJECTS NEAR YOU.

SAY THE FOLLOWING AND SACRIFICE FEW DROPS OF BLOOD ON THE GROUND.

'Swift on the heel thou comest

Thrice summoned by my spell

Thrice troubled by my burning

Come without delay'

'So I have to shed some blood now? The vampire better come I am doing so much.'

You follow the ritual and wait for two minutes.

'It didn't work. Why did I do it?'

You are kind of annoyed.You clean the blood and search for a band-aid. Suddenly you feel a presence in your room.

'No it can't be. The summoning thing doesn’t work. My brain must be playing tricks on me.'

You turn around and see someone standing near your window.

Before you could scream he moves fast and closes your mouth

“Shhh don't make noise you're gonna wake people up.”

You couldn't believe what is happening.

Eyes wide with surprise, you could barely say anything. Regaining your senses, you ask him.

"Are you really a Vampire?"

He smirks.

"And if I am?”