{ 0.2 }

HARRY AND LILY POTTER sat in their so-called room, the cupboard under the Dursley's stairs. There was never much space for the two, but over the years, they had grown used to it, and learned how to keep as much space as they could.
They had grown up believing they were here because their parents died in a car crash, because their aunt and uncle chose to keep them away from the magical world. Why? They despised magic.
In the eyes of a witch or wizard, they'd be the worst kind of muggles imaginable.

But the Dursley's took pride in themselves, and believed they were.. superior. They didn't care for anyone, but their family. Well... most members of their family.

Due to the fact that the Potter's were a magical family, Vernon, Petunia and their extremely spoiled son, Dudley, didn't not favour Lily and Harry.

Some could say, they loathed them.
Well, they would be completely right.
From not nearly enough food to keep a person healthy, to growing up with no friends but themselves, and a family who hated them.

Their lives were boring, but they were used to it.

Lily had always wondered what she and her brothers lives would be like, if their parents hadn't died in the car crash.
She always wondered if she would have her own room, her own toys... and what it would be like.

What memories she would've made, and altogether who their parents were. What they worked as, what their personalities were like, their likes and dislikes, just.. everything. But she knew she would never know, and she knew she had to deal with it. She was a brave girl. A very, very brave girl. She was strong, mentally, and literally. She was kind, so very kind, but fearless. Although she was very like her mother, she took on her father's love for pranks. She had lost count of the times she had pulled a prank in the Dursley's, especially her lovely cousin Dudley.

She knew there was a chance she would be punished, but Lily liked to live in the moment. She wasn't sure why the Dursley's expected her to simply behave, she lived in a cupboard under their stairs, with her brother. Boredom must be solved, and to her, it would be solved by pranks. Even at the age of eleven, she knew that she loved to get under their skin, to annoy them, and she wasn't afraid of them. Her brother may have been, but she most definitely wasn't. Even the Dursley's knew that.

As much as she disliked the family she lived with, and as much as she never wanted to pay attention to them, she couldn't help but notice one thing. Her aunt Petunia. Never once had she glanced at her, although, anytime she did, there was a look of surprise, sadness and guilt in her eyes. Lily never knew why, but she presumed it was because Petunia just didn't like her, one bit.

•••

LILY AWOKE to the sound of her aunt Petunia banging on the door of their 'room', the cupboard under the stairs.
She yawned softly, rubbing her eyes tiredly, before opening them, and turning to her brother, Harry, who was still sleeping.

"Harry," she whispered, lightly shaking the boy. "Harry!" She whispered louder, which seemed to have woken the boy.

He too yawned, before rubbing his eyes, and opening them to the sight of his sister's face, smiling down at him.
"Good morning, Lily." He said, before gently pushing her away. He would never hurt her, they both knew that.

Before the girl could reply, the stomps of their cousin Dudley were heard, as she jumped down the steps.
"Wake up Potter's!" He shouted, continuously stomping, to which his weight caused dust to fall off of the low ceilings of the cupboard.

Lily simply huffed, whispering a low insult to the boy under her breath.

They both let out a small chuckle, before Harry crawled out of the cupboard, and into the kitchen, while Lily tried to look at least a bit presentable. She brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear, and pulled her cherry-red jumper over her head.