43. Free| رہا

Trigger Warning: Rape and Abduction.

Also, please do not forget to read the Author Note in the end.

Vote and Comment, thank you:)

●◉◎◈◎◉●

"So, did you like him?" Ameen Sahab chirped as he discarded the cup from the tray Hafsa extended towards him, gesturing her to sit beside him on the charpayi.

On her insistence, he had arranged a meet up for her and Saqib even though Sadiya didn't approve.

She flopped down as the memory of an hour back flashed across her eyes. His charming eyes, that beguiling smile, his way of voicing out thoughts; everything about him was so unreal and serene. Just one hour with that man had made her feel more important than all her years living with her family combined. Just one hour and he had made her feel how much she was worth and valued. Just one hour.

"He was nice." She let out. "Really nice, actually." A frown carved its way on her forehead as if she couldn't believe someone could be this nice.

"See? I told you. You'll have a wonderful future with him, InshaAllah!" The leaves of the tree under which they sat swerved as if trying to signal something to them.

"I hope so." She smiled into her cup of tea.

She wanted this to happen, now. She couldn't wait for it to happen, now. To get away from the people who only made her feel like a burden. She was only nineteen so surrendering to someone who showed just an inch of care towards her was natural. She had fallen in the trap so easily she would have never even anticipated in the wildest of nightmares. A nightmare that was going to become her fate, now. So cruel and agonizing that it'd make her a person she never was and couldn't even imagine to become.

******

The darkness dissolved inside her as she stumbled forward. There was no moon today. Not even a speck of light that could guide her. She had no idea where she was heading to in this obsidian night. Her eyes welled up with thick sheen of glass fighting to let the emotions out but she was more stubborn.

"He's my cousin."

Oh, just how naïve she was! Her lips pressed into a thin line as the aching words kept on reverberating in her ears. She let her feet take her onwards unbeknownst of the destination until she came to a halt in front of a small building. It was a mosque for women. As if in trance, she took the shoes off and trudged inside the Holy place. The only sanctuary she needed, right now. The only place she could lose herself in.

She gawked around the premises to make sure there was no one inside. No one to intrude between her and her Rab. It was her time to question. To unleash. To lash out. To ask why her?

With short and heavy strides, she strolled towards the middle of the secluded place as her hands fell loosely on either side of hers, her drape swaying half way through her messy hair.

"Why me?" Finally, she whispered into oblivion. A question she had never asked before because she was just not ready to come face to face with her Rab. Her Rab who did her wrong. She was angry with Him. But, today she was angrier, and she knew the only way to vanquish that anger was to let it all out.