Fairytales

Based off of this short story on ao3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12237939

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance opened his eyes, and to his surprise...found himself in a forest. He looked next to him and saw he was on the ground, with a horse right next to him chewing on an apple. He looked at his body and saw he was wearing black boots that went to his knees, with white leggings and a white shirt. He had a jacket that swooped down into a mini cape. His jacket was a light blue and gold patterns everywhere. He felt like he was choking with the fluffy handker-chief. He sleeves were long and he had a sword along with his belt. Wtf is going on? He stood up and cleaned off any access of dirt. Trees were littered around him and it was peaceful.

HONKKKKKK

Lance jolted upward,"Who's there?" He looked at the green floor and sighed. "Hunk, wake up.I have no idea where we are or what's going on." He kicked his bestfriend lightly and Hunk jolted awake. "Mr. Pancake, I'm sorry! I don't like Mr.Waffles!" Hunk looked up and blushed slightly,"Hey Lance, where are we?" Hunk wore a yellow shirt and brown pants with a vest. Lance rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "I don't know, all I remember is that we had finished saving a planet from the galra and then...they offered us all a drink...and then yeah." Hunk scratched his head,"That's all I remember too. Where is everyone else?" Lance stared at him."Hunk, I just woke up, I don't know. But we can use this horse." Lance pointed to the horse, still chewing on the apple. The horse looked up and Hunk yelped. He hadn't seen it. Suddenly, there was a noise coming from the bushes. Lance took his sword and Hunk hid behind him. A little certain gremlin appeared.

"Pidge!" Hunk cried out, enveloping her in a hug. Pidge wore a green hood and pants. Shiro came in a while later. Pidge gasped,"Hunk..can't...breathe." Hunk smiled sheepishly and let go of her. Shiro had a sliver armor and a huge sword. "This reminds me of Monsters and Mana." Pidge said. Shiro being Space dad, got to the point. "Lance, all I remember is the aliens on the last planet we were on. I think they did something to us and we are in this fantasy world." Lance could practically see the gears working in Pidge's head. "Pidge, what's up?You got an idea."

"Well, noticing the clothing we are wearing. And the setting. And what Shiro said "fantasy world", I guess we are in a fairytale?" Lance stayed still for a while.

"What the actual fuck?"

"Language."

"Yeah, I mean look at us! Lance is a prince and Shiro is a knight. Hunk and I are probably your squires. Just...where's Keith and Allura?" Everyone looked around. They were no where to be found. "You don't think they're...sitting in a tree , do you?" Pidge rolled her eyes. "Okay let's think, if I'm right-which I usually am- and we are in a fairytale, which one are we in? What kind of story has a knight, squires, and a prince?" Lance smirked,"Sleeping Beauty of course." Pidge looked up and smiled,"I think you're right, look!" Pidge pointed to a nearby tower. Hunk frowned,"Wait, if this is Sleeping Beauty, and there's a tower isn't there a princess?" Lance's eyes sparkled,"OMG, Allura! She's a princess and she's not here! She's in the tower, waiting for me to save her with a true love's kiss!" He sighed dreamily. Shiro crossed his arms and his eyes snapped open. "Wait, if there's a princess in a tower that means there's a dra-

ROARRRR

Lance whimpered and his behind the horse, who was still chewing his apple. "We forgot that minor detail, didn't we?" Shrio nodded clearly excited for an adventure. "Let's go!"

Lance hopped up on the horse, and rode him towards the tower. Apparently, Shiro and Pidge had their own horses and Hunk rode with Pidge. When they got to the tower, there was a silver dragon with pink markings going down it's tail. Lance sneered,"I think that's Keith, welp, Hasta la later Keith. I got a princess to kiss!" Pidge rolled her eyes and smirked and Shiro stifled a chuckle as he nudged her in the ribs. Hunk smiled at his friend, as he clearly didn't understand Allura was the dragon. Allura let Lance pass, and it's very amusing to see a dragon smirk.