25. The Night the Clown Cried

So I've had a really bad few weeks...So I'm no longer going on break as I need a distraction to take my mind off of things and this story is my best bet. 

Six months had passed since the night Y/n was shot and the Mystery Gang split up. A worried citizen ran past the Crystal Cove sign. "Run for your lives! He's back!" He cries out. Behind him is a large clown in a diaper driving what appears to be a pram themed wagon. The clown sobs and laughs as he shakes up a bottle in his hand. As he does it begins to glow. The clown throws the bottle into the street as it lands pedestrians nearby to it flee before it explodes into pink smoke.    

The citizens of Crystal Cove scream as they jump out of the way of the speeding wagon. Behind it is Sheriff Stone who is giving pursuit in his patrol car. The clown laughs as it tosses a bottle behind it. The bottle rolls along the road and detonates as soon as it rolls underneath Sheriff Stone's car causing it to flip and skid to a stop now unable to move. 

The clown stops it's wagon beside Sheriff Stone's car for a moment. The Sheriff looks up and gulps a moment as he looks up at the baby clown.

"Man baby not real. Man baby not real." Sheriff Stone says to himself scared.

The clown stands up in it's wagon sobbing. "You don't like Crybaby Clown? That hurts my feelings. Maybe you're just hungry." It say to Sheriff Stone as it now takes a bottle off a belt it wears like a sash. He shakes up the bottle and it begins to glow. "Drink up." He says sinisterly before he throws it down into Sheriff Stone's lap. Crybaby Clown drives off laughing now as Sheriff Stone looks down at the bottle in his lap worried. He's quick to react however as he quickly jumps out of his car and as he does the bottle explodes rendering his car completely useless. Crybaby Clown continues to laugh and sob as he drives down the streets passing by City Hall now.

Stood in the Mayor's office watching was the town's new Mayor, A placard sat on her desk with her name printed on it. Janet Nettles. She was stood by the window watching the devastation of the latest Crybaby Clown attack as the culprit in question rode by laughing. 

"What have I gotten myself into?" She asks herself. 

"If you ask me, I'd say it's a mystery." A masked figure with a distorted voice says as they appear from the shadows beside the mayor startling her.           

"Who...Who are you?" Jane asks as she backs away from them.

"They call themselves Mystery Incorporated." The figure says as they throw a file on the desk. Spilling out of is photos of all the Mystery Incorporated members including Y/n. "The dogs locked up on a farm upstate. The bandaged one will be more difficult to acquire. He's locked behind bars." The figure says as Janet picks up the photos of Y/n and Scooby. "You're on you're own with the rest. My suggestion? Start tonight. You want this mystery solved, bring them home." The figure opens the window beside them now. "Or your run as the new mayor of Crystal Cove is going to be short lived." They finish with as they jump through the window now and the mayor watches them leave. 

Scooby was sat against a wall bouncing a baseball against the other side as he looked bored. It was revealed that he was sitting in a cell. As Scooby caught the ball in his mouth the door opens and Scooby looks up before he is escorted out and to a barn.

"Hope you had a nice time in the hole, dog." A man says as he shuts the barn door.

"Hmph. Trying to tell me what to do..."  Scooby begins to grumble as he walks in the barn and stops in front of cow that just stares at him while it eats. "Look, I had to try escape okay?" Scooby says to the cow as he settles down on his bed of hay, He takes a small photo that is shown to be of Scooby and the Mystery gang. "I made a promise to my friends." He sighs then turns to look at the cow again. "What would you do?" But the cow says nothing as it just continues to eat. "Fine, stay here and let them milk you." Scooby huffs as he gets up now. He walks to a loose panel on the barn wall and he moves it before squeezing through it. As Scooby reaches outside the barn the farm he is on begins to resemble a prison more than it did a farm. Guard towers sit at each corner of a large electrified wire fence that surrounds the farm. Scooby has to duck as a spotlight shines above him. As it moves Scooby lets out a sigh of relief. He picks up a stick next to him and proceeds to sneak towards the fence. As he reaches it he then uses the stick to prop up the fence enough for him to sneak under, As he is just about through the stick snaps with the weight of the fence and it falls on Scooby's tail electrocuting him. The sounds of both the electricity being set off and Scooby's cries are enough to set off the farms security. Scooby hurries to free his tail now as he can hear the farmer kick open the door to his home and step out with a shotgun in hand.