Seventeen

"He's picturing my face. He's totally picturing that dart puncturing my skull," Cristina said, watching as Burke threw darts at the board in Joe's. Derek was beside him. He took the darts and threw them, making Erin wince at the force.

"Derek's picturing you," Erin looked at Meredith. She sighed.

"He called me a whore. He lost the right to picture me," Meredith said.

"Hmm," Izzie hummed.

"So I fall asleep during sex! So what? Ass," Cristina scoffed.

"Ass!" Meredith agreed.

"Oh, ass! Hey!" Izzie called to Alex as he passed by.

"Isobel Stephens has finally left the hospital. Does this mean heart patient dude finally kicked it?" he teased.

"I'm sorry. This section of the bar is for surgeons. We don't socialize with gynaecologists," Izzie said.

"That's mean," Erin muttered. Rob laughed, kissing her cheek as he sat back down after his phone call.

"That was my mom. She just wanted to make sure we were still together and that you liked the perfume she sent," he said.

"I loved it, thank you," Erin smiled slightly.

"George!" Izzie shouted. Erin looked up and saw Callie was with George. "Hey," Izzie said.

"Hi, Callie," Meredith said.

"Hi, Dr. Torres," Cristina said.

"Who's this?" Rob asked.

"This is George's girlfriend, Callie Torres. She's an ortho doctor at the hospital. Breaks bones and fixes them and shit," Erin said. He grinned.

"She's hot," he said. Erin slapped his arm and Callie coughed awkwardly.

"Hey! She's not the one having sex with you so you can shut the fuck up," she whispered. He smirked and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Bathroom?" he said.

"You're absolutely disgusting," Erin scoffed, but pushed him to stand up anyway. "Gotta go to the bathroom," she said.

"Yeah, right," Meredith snorted. Erin shrugged with a wink.

"I can have fun sometimes," she said.

"Fun can be sanitary, too," Meredith said.

"Yeah, we'll be doing that part at home," Erin smirked. Rob laughed and grabbed her by the waist, steering her into the bathroom.

"How old is Rob?" Callie asked.

"Thirty three or two, I don't know," Meredith shrugged.

"And Erin is twenty two?" she asked. George nodded. "Is that, like, okay?" she frowned.

"Erin's happy so we just leave her to it," Meredith shrugged. Callie hummed.

"Cool," she said.

"That's it? That's your diagnosis?" Derek said. Erin buried her face into Meredith's chest, unable to stop her tears.

"Yes. He said bone cancer so that would be his diagnosis," Meredith snapped. Erin groaned weakly.

"I heard him. I was double checking," Derek said. Addison and Finn shifted awkwardly on their feet.

"I still need to do a bone scan to see how far it's spread.  Osteosarcomas are aggressive, but we can try and treat it with chemo or remove the tumour entirely. If it's spread too far, we may have to amputate the limb," Finn said.