41. Dance Of The Undead

It's night and a reporter is stood in front of a camera. "What's up? Krissy Kristy here with your music report. Holler! I'm standing on the very spot where one hit wonders, Rude Boy and the Ska-Tastics totally ate it 30 years ago in a gnarly plane crash. See? That's them, Like, from before before they were dead." The reporter says holding up a photo to the camera before she takes it away. "And this oldy-hipster is Ian Hope." She says as a man walks onto the camera now. "Mr Hope, you were the Ska-Tastic's manager. Tell us, what went down in that tragic night?" The reporter asks him. 

"I remember it like it was 30 years ago. It was voodoo. Rude Boy and the Ska-Tastics were cursed, cursed to plummet to their doom on that fateful night, the night ska died." Mr Hope says but the interview is ruined by hands that appear on the screen and begins to grab the reporter and Mr Hope as they scream and the camera is knocked down. A figure's face appears on it as they chuckle before the camera cuts out completely. 

The Mystery Gang were at a record shop called Grooves from the Grave as they looked through the records. 

"Like, does every bit of scary news have to be followed by an immediate "Let's go investigate"?" Shaggy asks. 

"Yes." Everyone replies. 

The store's owner appears now. "Welcome to Grooves from the Grave. I'm Martha Quinn, owner and proprietor. Can I interest you in a third generation bootleg of Scritti Politti's forgotten Christmas album?" She asks the gang. 

"No thank you." Daphne says politely. 

"It was recorded in Espernatio." The Store owner finishes. 

"We were wondering if perhaps you could help us." Y/n says looking up from the records now. 

"Have you ever heard of a band named Rude Boy and Ska-Tastics?" Fred asks joining in. 

"Heard of them? You're kidding me. I have every record they ever released right here in the store." The owner quickly say. "Of course, they only released one." She says as she grabs the record now and begins to set it up on a player. "Their biggest and only hit, Graveyard Ska-ank." Martha says as she begins to play the song now. As the music begins to play Velma finds herself tapping her foot and lightly clicking her fingers.

"Jinkies, that is catchy." Velma admits. 

"Hang on I've prepared a slideshow on every musical group from the last 60 years." Martha says as she takes out a slide now and places into a projector. "Rude Boy and the Ska-Tastics. Poor Rude Boy could never quite ride the fame train the way he wanted.So it's said he turned to voodoo magic to further his career. He cast love spells on the audience. He cursed other bands. Once, he even cast an enchantment of never-ending pain on a synthesizer. Real crazy stuff. Rude Boy always said he would come back from the grave. And now, it looks like he has." Martha narrates for the gang as they look through the slides.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy says nervously.

"Doesn't anybody ever stay dead around here?" Scooby asks. 

It was late at the Tiki Tub. The bar's Main singer Trinny Lee was performing her hit as a simple band played behind her and the bar goers watched on. However as her song started to come to an end a smoke began to pour from the floor surrounding Trinny Lee. Two hands suddenly burst through the stage were she was stood and grab her legs as they pull her through it. The band rush to the hole on the stage as they look down. A sudden bright light from the hole causes them to step back however and soon on the stage are four new figures covered in a strange glow. The crowd begins to panic a little as the front figure cackles. As the crowd starts to flee now the ghoulish figures begin to pick up the previous band's instruments and they then start to play a catchy song.