Chapter 31

AUTHOR'S POV: JUNGKOOK

They got into Jungkook's car, completely forgetting about the recording of the song.

"Keep a look out for y/n, you know what she looks like" Jungkook told Taehyung.

"Dude, I'm literally helping you find the person I despise" Taehyung said, "don't you think I deserve to know the truth you were talking about?"

Jungkook could've done anything to avoid this conversation, "what truth?" He could feel Taehyung roll his eyes even though he was looking at the road ahead.

"Why are you still talking to her?" Taehyung asked.

"Because she's my best friend" Jungkook said.

"Even though she cheated on your other best friend?" Taehyung asked, "even though she left him wounded for life"

Jungkook sighed, "she didn't, okay? She didn't cheat on him."

"You expect me to believe that? Didn't she say it herself?" Taehyung asked.

"Do you really think she could've done that? Did you believe her even for the briefest second hyung? Dont you remember how much she loves Jimin Hyung?" Jungkook looked at Taehyung.

"Well, what am I supposed to believe then?" Taehyung asked.

AUTHOR'S POV: TAEHYUNG

Someone finally picked up Jungkook's call, just the moment he was about to answer Taehyung's question.

"Oh my god y/n are you okay? Where are you?" he said into the speaker phone.

"I'm sorry, is this J-Cock?" a male voice said.

"J- what?" Taehyung asked.

"That's how this contact is saved on this lady's phone" the man said.

Jungkook nodded at Taehyung to let this drop, "who are you?" he asked the man.

"Well, I'm a police officer. It's quite late and this lady was dancing in the middle of the road in the rain and then she ran to the sidewalk and started vomiting" he said.

"Oh god" Jungkook hit his forehead on the steering wheel.

"She's currently vomiting and she threw her bag and her phone fell out, which was ringing. So I picked it up" the police officer said.

"Well, where exactly are you?" Taehyung asked. He wanted to laugh at y/n's stupidity but then he decided against it.

The man told them the location.

"Okay, we'll be there in ten minutes. Could you please ensure that she doesn't go away? I mean, could you stay with her till we reach?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, sure. Also, your voice sounds very familiar." the man said.

"Haha yeah" Jungkook said and cut the call.

"When will she stop doing this?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm sure something must've happened, she doesn't go all out like this" Jungkook said.

"Yeah right" Taehyung scoffed, "you were gonna tell me something"

Jungkook held the steering wheel tighter, "what do you want me to tell you?"

"The truth, from the beginning" Taehyung said.

"Okay so" Jungkook started and then hesitated, "I don't think I should, I mean, I promised her. She literally told me never to mention this to either Taehyung or Jimin"

"Shut up and tell me. I'm seriously done and I do not care what anybody said" Taehyung said.

Jungkook cleared his throat, "okay then."
Do you remember when she went viral? With that one picture someone snapped at Athens?"

"Yes" Taehyung said.

"Yeah that's where it all started" Jungkook said.

"But I'm pretty sure BigHit shut those rumours off" Taehyung said.

"Shut up and let me complete" Jungkook said. Taehyung raised his eyebrows at him and Jungkook looked away, "I'm sorry, but please let me continue"

"Go on" Taehyung said.

"I'm sure you remember the amount of hate tweets against y/n.. how people called her a gold digger and only in it for the money and fame, doesn't love Jimin hyung and all that bullshit" Jungkook said.

"I remember wanting to personally punch those people" Taehyung said.

"But the hate tweets weren't exactly where it all stopped. They had her picture, it was pretty easy to locate her social media accounts" Jungkook said.

"So you're telling me that they had to audacity to text her?" Taehyung asked with his eyes wide, "well, why didn't y/n tell me anything? Jimin didn't say anything either?"

"That's because Jimin hyung had no clue" Jungkook said, "from the moment her picture surfaced on the internet she told me everything. She wanted to tell you too but she knew you can't keep shut when it comes to Jimin hyung. And even though he doesn't get angry easily, it is very difficult to control his temper when he loses it."

Taehyung nodded, urging Jungkook to go on. It was weird that he never really knew this side of the entire issue. He never even tried to see all this from y/n's point of view. He could realise what must've gone down.

"When she started getting the hate texts, she ignored them. I mean, they were really bad hyung, the meanest words. I wouldn't even think of using them. They were disgusting. I mean, they don't even know her, why would they say all that bullshit about her?" Jungkook shut his eyes tight for a brief second as if remembering the experience, "and yet she always tried to smile. I could see how those texts were breaking her. She wanted to reply but she couldn't, that would only be putting fuel to the fire"

Taehyung wanted to say something but his voice was stuck in his throat, so Jungkook continued, "and that wasn't all hyung. She suspended her social media accounts if you remember that. But they had her name and all that. So once her social media was gone, they started texting her. THEY GOT HER NUMBER HYUNG. She went to bed with a migraine on a daily basis. I wanted to do something, anything but I really didn't know where to start. Or what to do."

"I didn't know all that happened" Taehyung said.

"Exactly" Jungkook said, "but you know, that didn't really stop her from being with hyung. She loves Jimin hyung, she would always choose him over everything else. None of these could stop her"

"So, what happened?" Taehyung asked. They were about to reach the spot where y/n was supposed to be.

"Then came the death threats" Jungkook said as he made the final turn.

Please vote and comment🥺👉🏻👈🏻