Twenty one

•descriptions of abuse, please seek help if you are in a similar situation•

"Good morning!" Izzie squealed as Meredith and Erin walked into the kitchen. There was mess everywhere and it was clear Izzie was making something.

"I thought we were done with the whole baking thing after Erin almost had an allergic reaction until we stopped her from eating the brownies," George said.

"This isn't brownies, it's breakfast. Mer needs a good, solid breakfast. First day back after the big surgery," Izzie said.

"Are you okay?" Erin asked.

"Of course I'm okay. I'm a millionaire," Izzie said. Erin's eyes drifted to the check for 8.7 million dollars on the counter. "Fruit? What do you guys think about B&B's? I'm thinking about opening B&B in Vermont where the foliage is, you know?" Izzie said.

"I think you should buy me a new epi pen, considering your obsession with hazelnuts is gonna get me swelling like a balloon," Erin said.

"Maybe you should go back to bed," George said.

"Can't. I'm going to the hospital," Izzie said.

"Are you going to talk to the chief?" Meredith asked.

"Nope. I'm going to clean out my locker. I could buy a hotel. How much do you think a hotel costs?" Izzie said. She poured orange juice, spilling it over her check. George grabbed it and began shaking the juice off.

"That's eight million... eight million dollars does not like to have juice spilled on it," George said.

"You have to take that to the bank today. It's making me nervous in the house," Meredith said.

"I will. Just as soon as I clean out my locker. I'm fine. Really I'm fine. Denny loved me. He wanted me to have this money; he wants me to be happy. So I'm happy," she pulled on a giant smile. "Juice?" she said.

"I'm going insane," Erin mumbled, accepting a cup from Izzie.

"First M&M?" Callie nudged Erin as she stood in the doorway of the seminar.

"What?" Erin snapped out of her daze, looking at Callie.

"First M&M?" she repeated.

"Oh! Uh, yeah. I'm kind of debating blowing it off to do some work but I'm getting back in Bailey's good books so I'm not risking that," Erin said.

"It'll be alright. What work?" Callie asked.

"I've been looking at a case in neonatal cardio surgery that they did wrong when they could've just entered a different way and stopped the mother and baby dying. I showed it to the chief and he's arranged a conference for in two months. So, I need to get my shit together, make elaborate surgical plans for each of the three methods I'm cultivating and then have proof that it'll actually work without operating on real people because that will cause more harm than good," Erin said. Callie blinked.

"I forgot you were a bit of a child genius," she said.

"Just a little," Erin said.

"Well, I'm not that good with babies but cardio was my next choice after ortho. If you need any help or just want someone to read over your work, I'd be glad to," Callie said. Erin smiled.

"Thank you, Callie. I better sit down before Bailey kicks my ass but I'll definitely pass a copy to you when I finish everything," Erin said. Callie winked and walked to her own seat. Erin walked to join her friends, sitting beside Meredith and Alex.