G A L L A G H E R

Three years later

   Three years later

      After all the scandal that happened with Jakob I thought it was best for me to finish my studies in Paris with my grandparents. Jakob was arrested shortly after I left serving a minimum of ten years in prison, I guess I wasn't the only girl he raped. The first two months living with my grandparents Victoria called me everyday but I never answered, I was too ashamed and broken.

I had to heal myself before I could heal anyone else and that's why I never contacted Faust, how could I love someone without loving myself first, it was nearly impossible. I went to therapy, I met new people, I grew up and learned how to love myself.

I've been cleaned for three years, I haven't had an ounce of alcohol and I've never felt more alive.

"What are you thinking about ma raison d'être?" His arms wrapped around my waist, I glanced over my shoulder with a soft smile. (Translation: my reason for being.)

"I'm going home after leaving without notice, I've been gone for three years." I whispered.

He turned me around with his arms draped over my waist, his hand softly lifts my cheek up.

"I'm going to be right next to you the whole time."

I longingly looked at him, his eyes were such a captivating brown color. He was perfect, he's a perfect boyfriend, perfect best friend, perfect provider.

"I love you, Rhett." I told him so sincerely and filled with emotion.

"I love you more." He smiles while softly pecking my lips. I exhaled into the kiss, his fingers pushed back my hair as his hands rested against my cheeks.

Rhett was my therapist for a bit, he helped me through a rough path and I soon realized that I could actually love someone like him. He's only two years older then me, he's nerdy in a cute way, he can't see without his oval glasses, he reads and studies for fun, he wears long sleeve cotton shirts with warm tone cardigans.

I've gotten quite comfortable with his cotton shirts.

We packed up everything in our small condo, it was hard saying bye to the place that happened me the most. It was even harder for Rhett, he grew up in Paris, his family and friends are here but he was willing to sacrifice all that for me.

My mom and dad are finally separate and with other people, today we're all having dinner. My mom and I have created a great relationship over these two years, my dad finally realized that family is over everything even work.