and they all died

TW ~ Flashbacks, Blood, Fighting, Bombs, Mentions of Death, Death, Gore

Tommy's POV:

Tommy had sat and convinced Quackity not to fire Purpled. Then, right before Quackity left the room, he had said not to fire Jack either. It's the least he could do after completely throwing Jack under the bus.

The week went past faster than ever, with just Tommy following Callahan around. Dream didn't mind, he found it adorable. Quackity took pictures like a creep.

But it's okay, because they're family.

It was finally the weekend, and Tommy skipped down to the dining hall, which was slowly being repaired, for breakfast. He peered into the room, only to see Dream and Quackity arguing.

"No, I said no and no means no" Dream scowled at the jester, who looked like he was about to cry.

"You don't have to yell, jeez," he said, frowning and holding back tears.

"Well, you don't listen, why don't you understand? Are you trying to traumatize him more?" Dream stood over Quackity menacingly, and Tommy had half a mind to step in.

"No, no I just thought he'd want to see him, he was the only one that was never out of his way mean to him."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Dream said, exasperated.

Tommy shrugged, before running up to Dream. He tugged on Dream's cape, who looked down at the boy. "Hey, Tommy what's up?"

"What's wrong?" Tommy asked, seeing the stress evident on Dream's face.

"Someone just came through the portal, looking for you. And Quackity here wants you to talk to him," Dream sighed, not even bothering to sugarcoat the news.

"Wha- what? Who?" Tommy asked, holding up his hands out for a hug.

Dream let out a groan. "Fucking Techno."

Both Quackity and Dream watched Tommy's face, in hopes to see who would win this argument.

Tommy felt both excited and anxious at the same time. Sure he missed Techno, but did Techno miss him too?

"Is he mad at me?"

"Not that it seems, do you want to see him?" Quackity asked hopefully.

Tommy took a breath, then nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I do."

The way Quackity's expression grew at the same time Dream's face dropped was entertaining, to say the least.

Literally all traces of tears immediately vanished from his face, and he poked Dream in the forehead. Dream just crossed his arms and pouted, watching the jester hold an L sign in front of Dream obnoxiously.

***

Not even an hour later, a familiar figure came into the throne room, where Dream, Karl, and Quackity sat.

Tommy sat on his small makeshift throne next to Dream. Crisscross applesauce style, because he can, and because he is just so swag.

"Why hello there," Dream nodded at the demon.

"Your Highness," Techno said through clenched teeth bitterly. But then his eyes fell on Tommy, who sat staring at him.

"Tommy?" Techno asked slowly.

Tommy glared back at him. Why was Techno mad at Dream? He narrowed his eyes.

"Hello," Tommy said, in his best mock-serious voice. He nodded his head like he'd seen Dream do tons of times whenever he was sat here.