Natasha Romanoff x Reader - I Hate You

Y/N's P.O.V.

Being part of the Avengers was a difficult task. The missions were hard and the sometimes the pain and exhaustion of being a hero really felt like it wasn't worth it. But what was probably the hardest part was being second best. Not the second best Avenger- no. Worse than that. The second best woman on the team. Granted, there were only two of us, but it honestly sucked knowing that she was better than me at everything.
Natasha and I had started off as friends. It was an honour to be working with the Black Widow herself, but then the rivalry started.
We hated each other and everybody knew it.

"Y/N, you ready for the party?" Steve asked from outside my bedroom door and I fixed my hair quickly in the mirror, before going over to the door and opening it.
Steve was probably my closest friend out of the people we lived with. He was sweet and old fashioned, which was honestly quite refreshing. Our personalities just clicked when we met and I couldn't tell you how many hours we had just spent in each other's company, silently reading- or in Steve's case, drawing.
He was the brother I never got to have.

"How do I look?" I asked with a small smile, spinning around. When Steve didn't say anything, I looked at him, seeing his eyes wide and a shocked expression on his face.
"Steve? What's wrong? Is there something on my dress?"

"No, you look... you look amazing." He cleared his throat and held out his arm.
"Shall we go? We're late as it is."

"Fashionably late, grandpa." I teased, before picking up my small clutch bag and taking his arm. Closing the door behind us, we moved towards the elevator and headed down to the party.
"You look nice." I nudged him, seeing his suit.
"Looking to impress someone? Maybe bring a girl, or guy, back to your room tonight?"

"Yeah, right." Steve scoffed.
"You're asking if I plan to get lucky at one of Tony Stark's parties? No, that's not happening."

"You're right." I nodded and the doors opened.
"The only kind of luck would be if we somehow managed to get out of this thing earlier than we're allowed." He snorted in response and I let go of his arm, looking at the impressive crowd in front of us. I spotted a few faces I recognised, but I didn't plan on talking to any of them.
"I'm going to the bar. You coming?"

"I'll see you there. I want to talk to Bruce about something." I nodded and we split up. As soon as I got to the bar, I flagged down the waiter and ordered a drink, sitting at the bar, just as someone moved next to me.

"Miss L/N, don't you look lovely this evening?" He asked with a genuine smile.

"Agent Coulson, it's good to see you again." I raised my glass to him slightly and we began mindless small talk as we both drank, before something caught my attention.
"Oh, for fucks sake." I muttered in disbelief, looking at the woman walking towards us.

"Is something wrong?" Steve asked, coming over. Both men looked slightly confused, before following my gaze to the woman. Of course Natasha Romanoff looked absolutely stunning. Her dress fitted her perfectly and to say she was beautiful was the understatement of the century. Jealousy and something else bubbled up inside of my chest and I glared at her.
"Y/N, be nice..."

"Hey guys." Natasha smiled innocently.

"Hey, Tasha." I mirrored her smile and she glared at me slightly. She had always hated when I called her that.
"Drink?"

"Thanks." She took the glass from my hand before I could stop her, finishing it in one.
"That's disgusting." She muttered, placing the empty glass down.

"No one said you had to drink it all." I deadpanned, making her smirk a little. She began to talk to Steve and Coulson and I grabbed another drink from the bartender, as well as the bottle, before walking away. I moved though the hall, going back to the elevator and heading upstairs. My mood was ruined and I wanted to be anywhere but the party.
I found myself in the living room, dropping down onto the couch and putting the bottle on the table in front of me. I sipped my drink, frustrated and upset.

"Its sad to drink alone." The familiar voice spoke and my head snapped up to look at the woman. For a moment, I thought I saw her expression soften, but I looked back down at my glass before I could read into it too much.

"I'm not in the mood, just go back down to the party." I mumbled, but she didn't listen, sitting next to me on the couch. I gave her a disgusted look, but I guessed it wasn't nearly as effective as it would be if my makeup wasn't ruined by my tears.

"I don't want to go back to the party." She replied simply and I rolled my eyes.
"Can I?" She gestured to the bottle and I half-heartedly shrugged, before she took the lid off and brought it up to her lips. I did the same to my glass, except when she put the bottle down, she pulled a face.
"Still disgusting." She shuddered and I rolled my eyes. I moved to stand up but she took my arm, stopping me. I glared at her, about to tell her to get off, when her lips pushed against mine and my mind went blank.

"What the fuck?" I pushed her back slightly and guilt shot through my chest when I saw the hurt in her eyes. My thoughts were a mess and I had no idea what I was thinking, because the next thing I knew, I was pulling her back, kissing her eagerly. She kissed back almost instantly and everything just felt... right.