23. DARACH

GOY
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: DARACH

although aurora was entirely thankful to be out and away from the hospital, it seemed that she was thrown straight back into the deep end

although aurora was entirely thankful to be out and away from the hospital, it seemed that she was thrown straight back into the deep end. stiles was still theorising, scott was angry that alison got hurt, isaac was claustrophobic and distraught and lydia was trying to get a date with one of the twins. aurora was quiet, more quiet than normal. it seemed every dark haired boy would remind her of her cousin.

stiles and scott hadn't given the tiny girl a moment to think before questioning her about jacob. aurora had suggested that maybe he was possessed by an ancient evil entity. stiles told her not to be so dramatic. still, even after everything jacob had done to her, she wouldn't let up his secret.

the little girl was trailing uselessly behind stiles as he entered the veterinary practice. ever since the accident he was much more careful, treating the small girl like a china doll. she was clutched onto the back of his flannel shirt as he closed the door behind them.

"you're out of school early." she had barely noticed deaton's presence and jumped lightly at the sound. "i hope you're feeling better, aurora." she nodded silently, a thankful smile lining her lips.

"yeah, free period, actually. i was just headed home to see my dad, you know, i guess you probably heard people are kinda getting muttered again. it's his job to figure it out." a frown fell onto aurora's lips. she'd never even thought that maybe stiles was trying to do all this to help his dad, to make life easier for him.

"i gathered as much from the sheriff title."

"yeah, um, you know, but it gets kind of hard for him to do his job when he doesn't have all the information. and we all know he's missing pretty much half of the story here, right?" rory gulped. "so i started thinking, and i remembered someone who does have a lot of information." the look on deaton's face were twisting, as though he knew what stiles was going to say. "someone who always seems to know more than anyone else around here. you."

aurora had sat down, brain too tired to do so much thinking and so much walking. she commended stiles on his relentless tries as he followed the bald man around the practice.

"all these symbols and things, the triskeles, the bank logo, the mountain ash, all of it comes from celtic druids. and anyone who has ever looked up human sacrifice before knows druids had a pretty big hard-on when it came to giving one up to the gods."

aurora would've snorted at the words, if it weren't for the pulsing headache coming on.

"you ever hear of the lindow man? 2,ooo year old body found in england? he was found strangled, head bashed in, throat cut. three-fold death. they also found pollen grains in his stomach. guess what favourite druid plant that was." deaton pulled a plant out of one of his vials, twisting it in front of stiles.

"mistletoe." the middle aged man answered.

"i'm just telling you everything you already know, aren't i?" aurora didn't like the look in stiles' eye. she jumped when he raised his voice suddenly. "then why aren't you telling us?!" his eyes fluttered to the shocked girl. "sorry, baby. rest your eyes."