꧁55꧂

"A summer ball will be held tomorrow night." Corvus said during the silence of lunch, slurping on his soup Tinky had made up. "Do I need to go?" Leta whined as she dipped her bread into the red soup.

"Yes Leta. It will be good for suitors." Amata said as she took a sip of her drink from her glass goblet. "Leta is far to young for marriage now. Actually this is for Minette."

The older girl looked up from her bowl at her father with wide eyes, surprised to hear her name. She then wiped her mouth before saying, "Yes father."

"Yes father." Leta repeated in a mocking tone which made Minette hit her arm, causing Leta to throw a piece of bread at her. "Enough girls." Amata said in a warning tone which Corvus nodded in agreement with.

"Just wait Leta. Once your done with Hogwarts, a husband will be at the top of your list." Corvus said with raised eyebrows. "Before my well being?" Leta asked with furrowed brows.

He then let out a sigh before calling Tinky to take away his bowl, hurrying her along. "You can stay at home but don't get up to any mischief." He warned as he got up before leaving the room.

"Mother, do I have to marry someone Father chooses?" Leta asked Amata. "I'm afraid so dear. There is nothing we can do to not be disowned." She sighed before getting up and leaving her bowl.

Minette let out a sigh as well as Leta, both getting up at the same time and taking their bowls to the sink to make Tinky's job a little bit earlier.

The sun had set and the sky was a dark navy blue as the full moon shone brightly. She looked up at it, sighing as she thought about Remus and what pain he must of been going through.

She sat at the desk in her room by her window with a candle in a silver and ornate candle holder to light up the parchment in front of her. She dipped her quill into her ink and began writing a letter, address to James Potter.

☦︎︎
"Remember Leta, no funny business." Corvus warned the family stood by the door, three of them in dresses and suits and Leta in an over sized shirt and joggers. "But I'm a comedian." Leta said which mad her father scowl.

"And who says that?" Minette asked with a raised eyebrow, standing beside her mother whose arm was wrapped around her husband's. "My friends." Leta said with crossed arms.

"You have no friends." Minette said with a smug look as Amata tutted. "Touché." Leta shrugged before they waved goodbye and left, leaving her alone in the massive mansion with Tinky.

"Okay, so we may have a visitor tonight." James warned Sirius who lay on his bed. "Is it Remus? No it's a full moon. Is it Peter? No he has a ballet class." James did not want to say who it was in case Sirius went angry so he said, "We will see."

The door then knocked and James hurried to it, Sirius close behind him and eager to see who it was. "You." He spat when James opened the door and Leta stood there.

She had tried to clean herself up to go to James's house in case she met James's parents. "Is she here?" Euphemia asked, pushing her son out the way to welcome her in. "It's nice to meet you." Leta said, smiling at Euphemia and Fleamont who came up behind his wife.

James rolled his eyes as he closed the door behind her. Sirius huffed as he ran upstairs to his room. "Where has Sirius gone?" Fleamont asked his son. "Probably to sulk in his room." James answered which made Euphemia tut before ushering her husband back into the room they were in before.

"Do you want to play some Quidditch?" He asked her awkwardly, scared his parents were listening in. Leta looked around in thought. "Only so you can watch me beat your arse." She replied with a smirk.

James rolled his eyes when he heard, "I like her." coming from the room his parents were in which made Leta chuckle. "But I don't have my broom." She added.

"You can borrow my spare one." He said, showing her out to his back garden where a Quidditch pitch was. It wasn't as big as the schools pitch but big  enough to play a game on. He chucked her a broom and they began to play.

Sirius huffed loudly as he slumped back on his bed, looking out the window as a laugh James and Leta flew past. He then heard a knock on the door so he heaved himself up and opened it.

"Mum?" He said in a questioning tone, jumping back onto his bed. Euphemia walked in and closed the door behind her, pulling the duvet straight before sitting on the end of his bed.

"What has happened between you and Leta?" She asked the dark haired boy who loudly sighed and sunk into his cushions. "Well-it's kinda my-my fault." He stuttered. "But she is a bitch!" He shouted, pointing at the window which Leta flew past.

Euphemia looked over at the laughing girl who threw the quaffles back. She then looked at Sirius with an eyebrow raised. "She looks nice to me."

"That's what she wants you to thing and then she rips out your heart!" He shouted, leaning closest and pretending to rip the heart from his chest. She then rolled her eyes before getting up. "I think you need some sleep Sirius." She said before closing the door.