(50) My entire family?

Comment and vote!

[Valentina's POV]

Matteo and I here are alone at home eating popcorn and watching movies since Ales, Dad, Ben and Elijah are in Italy for executing a deal.

The twins were out with their friends, but apparently their car broke down so Enzo decided to go pick them up since he also needed to attend to some work.

"The house is so quiet, right Val? It's peaceful", Matteo sighed happily.

"Matteo, it'll always be peaceful around here if you won't create chaos in the house. You're the only one who runs here and there annoying everyone", I chuckled while munching.

"Where's the fun in that", Matteo laughs, making me shake my head in amusement.

After another hour or so I realised our brothers hadn't returned yet. They should have because Enzo said it wouldn't take long. I frowned glancing at wrist watch.

"Isn't it late, Matteo? Shouldn't they have returned by now?", I asked, feeling a bit nervous.

Matteo looks away from the tv screen hearing me. "You're right, they should have. Let me call Enzo", He said, tugging out his phone.

After a minute, Matteo pulls his phone away from his ear frowning. "He's not picking up. Let me try Xander."

I sit straight putting away the bowl of popcorn on the center table staring at Matteo.

"This is weird", Matteo frowned, dialing another number, but no one seemed to have answered that call either. "Even the twins aren't answering."

"Why? They always do", I was worried.

"Can't tell. They haven't texted about them being late either. But usually they do, especially when Dad's not in town. We always stay in touch", Matteo stated, looking nervous.

Suddenly the sound of the main door opening interrupted us, but what caused my heart to skip a beat was a crash type noise coming from outside.

Matteo and I quickly got up, alarmed expression spread all over out face. He then reached down and pulled out a gun from under the couch and clicked off the safety.

I couldn't think of anything else do I grabbed the flower vase from my side throwing away the flowers in it in order to have something to defend myself with. Although it won't do much good against bullets...

I wonder why is my weapon always a flower vase?

My eyes caught Matteo's and we both nod at each other silently communicating. Slowly we start heading towards the main door, Matteo with his gun pointed straight forward and I behind him.

Just as we turn around the corner, and peek a little to see who it is, my eyes went wide in shock when I found a man lying on the floor.

"Ryder?", Matteo whispered with wide eyes.

The next second both of us broke into a sprint running towards him in bafflement. The closer I got to him the more apparent Ryder's injuries and blood got.

"Oh my god! Ryder!", I dropped down next to his body I alarm, scanning through his injuries.

"Who did this?", Matteo demanded, gently holding Ryder's hand.

Ryder groaned in pain. "I don't know. Couldn't see their faces. We were ambushed", He shook his head.

Matteo quickly got up and called someone to come and help Ryder to the mafia hospital in order to save his life. Meanwhile I tried my best to stop the blood flow by putting pressure on his wound.