Chapter Five

I  told myself every day for the whole week that today was going to be the day I go back. But each day Id walk to the steps of the Gallaghers and turn myself back aground. I was just a burden to them. Fiona was getting married, Franny was born, Ian lost his job and Carl was just getting his head straight. 

It was an hour before the wedding when I texted Ian. 
What's the address of the wedding, might go. He texted back almost immediately telling me that a surprise is just what they all needed and they would be happy to know I'm back. I walk to the underground church wedding and smile, watching from a distance. Frank runs past me, pushing me over and running to the wedding. "I am, I am the father." Lip and Ian are on him immediately and pull him away." No stop." Frank yells. "I HAVE A DUTY!" He starts. "to walk my daughter down the aisle and give her away." He starts talking to Fiona, That's when I catch Ian's eye. WHAT THE FUCK, I mouth to him. Frank turns to Sean and they start yelling at each other. I sit back and watch as the plus ones of Carl and Ian look startled. Frank starts calling people out, Lip for drinking, Ian for being a bipolar queer, Carl for being white, and Sean... Sean is a druggie. Will runs out of the room and Fiona starts crying. Lip goes to hit Frank but I run over first. I watch as my fist collides with his face and I hear a mix of surprise that I'm there and shock that I punched him. Fiona runs out of the room as Ian and Lip hold me back. "FUCKING BURN IN HELL YOU DEADBEAT PIECE OF SHIT!" After I stop trying to punch frank I'm left with Debbie and Lip. We don't talk about me coming back. I go to but they stop me, apparently, Ian filled them in using a mix of what I told Enzo and what I told Caleb.  I zone out the whole conversation till I head LIp. "Lifes kinda fucked up right now." I grab his shoulder and pull him in for a side hug. I sit and listen to Lip and Debbie talk about the bullshit that's been thrown at them. They turn to me a few times, watching my rant of input, But i don't say anything about me. I sit and let them talk. Everyone comes in but Fiona. She stays outside as we all sit in a big circle. 

"I knew I saw you last month," Carl says breaking the silence. "On our doorstep." I nod. "Enzo came and got me from Monicas after she left." I tell him, Grabbing a cigarette from Kev. "how long was she gone? How long did she leave you alone." I hear Lip ask. "I know you guys know, Caleb ratted to you guys." I give him a dirty glare. "NO, I want to hear it from YOU. She left and you stayed. So what, you could get high and beat." 
"Lip, not here," I tell him. "Days already fucked Amanda."  He yells. "FINE, Each person gets one fucking question, a yes or a no question. And then we DROP IT. We are DONE talking about Monica, and me leaving and we can fucking move on." 
Lip speaks first. "You do drugs and drink with Monica." I roll my eyes but don't look at him. "Yes."
Debbie is next to ask, "Someone give you the cuts and bruises." I have to think about which ones are visible. "Yes and no." 
Carl sounds like he doesn't want to ask, but he does, "You off your meds." I ignore that question and the room goes silent. 
Ian looks disappointed, but he's next to ask. " You staying this time?" Again, I ignore it. "You have to answer, you owe us that," Lip says to me. "Yes, I'm staying."
Kev and Vee think for a minute before adding on, "Are you going to go to school." Easy question, "No." Liam raises his hand, like in school, "Is Mom coming back." I can't face him, "No Liam, I don't think she is." The room stays quiet. "Anyone got something else to ask or say because I'm going for a walk, and when I'm back it's all done with this." No one talks so I stand up and walk out. I hear feet behind me. "You have to get back on your meds, and take better care of yourself." Lip calls out to me. " says Frank jr." 
"I'm getting help for it, Gonna take someone up on an offer, tomorrow." I nod. "I'll see you at home?" He asks. "Yeah, See ya."