//lazy//

-----

While Ray explained how he had encountered and been captured by  Andrew I was breaking the extra dishes we'd packed. I threw them on a pile on the ground and crushed them one-by-one, slowly pounding them into smaller and smaller pieces.

Once I finished I sighed and sat on the ground, brushing my hair from my forehead. "Therapy costs $400. But it costs me $0 to break and smash plates...That was f*cking therapeutic." I sighed happily. I then saw a bigger piece I missed and crushed it with my boot. 'That b*tch Andrew...' I gritted my teeth. 'How the hell did he survive? Did he manage to escape the shelter just before it exploded? Then... even after everything... he still managed to survive?' I frowned. But, at least... everyone's okay...

I exited the cave as Lucas began explaining about the code he received from the supporter along with the message the supposed 'Mr. Minerva' had left. Knowing what the note contained already, I left anyway. Ray shot me an inquiring glance as I left, but I waved it off with a tilt of my head. Ray shrugged, turning his attention back to Lucas.

I took in a breath of the fresh air and tch'ed as more of my long bangs flew into my face. I sighed and pulled out my ponytail before pulling my hair back into it. Should I maybe cut it again? Or have Ray cut it, maybe...?

I watched as the wind blew leaves through the air, swirling around. We should be leaving soon. We'll be later than the group originally, but we'd travel at a better pace because of the lack of injured within our group. 'Ok. We'll leave ASAP.' I turned back to go to the cave when there was suddenly a large crash and I stumbled as the ground shook.

I whipped around, pulling out my gun, coming face-to-face with a drooling wild demon. It opened It's mouth to eat me whole but I shot it in the center eye before it could. It dropped to the ground with a thud. I nudged it with my foot a few times but it didn't make a sound.

I jumped as there was a sudden flutter of wings, and to my surprise, one of the camera owls landed on my shoulder. I relaxed as I recognized it and extended my forearm and elbow so it could have some space, and the owl shuffled down until it was halfway between my elbow and shoulder. I ruffled the feathers on top of its head despite knowing it was a robot.

"Did'ja miss me?" I asked slyly with a grin. The owl, of course, gave no response. "I'll take that as a yes." I giggled.

I hummed to myself as I continued to stall reentering the cave. But after 5 minutes of stalling nothing I wanted to do came to mind. "If you have nothing to say I'll be going back now?" I asked, tilting my head. The owl then dropped to the ground in a swoop before flying into the air. I watched it for a moment as it disappeared into the distance.

I sighed with a shrug before walking back into Sonju's caves. "The trip will take around 10 days." I heard Don say as he leaned over the map Emma held between her hands.

"We can take it slow." I said as I entered. "Worry less about pace and more about being safe. After our stressful experience with the shelter it's best to take it easy." I walked towards the small group of older children planning our route.

"She's right." Ray seconded as he tapped on his chin. "If we all break dishes to relieve stress like her, we'll be out within the day." He said with a smirk.

"Mocking me, are you?" I grumbled with a swift elbow to his side. Ray huffed, hiding his grin in his scarf.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He looked to the sky. "Then, let's get going." He changed the conversation, looking across the group.

I nodded, raising my voice to cover the whole cave, where everyone, young and old, resided. "Clean up everything and grab your packs. We'll be needing everyone's help for this journey."