˗ˋ 36

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter thirty-six ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

For the second time that day, Miyeon knocked on the door. But instead of waiting this time, she pushed it open. Seojun was sat on his bed, but as soon as the door opened he shot up, phone almost falling out of his hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked, as Miyeon closed the door behind her carefully, holding out the dish to him.

"Your mom asked me to bring it through. And I don't think she meant that I bring it in and come straight back out." Miyeon said, as he took the food off of her. "Move over, I'll be sitting here for a little bit."

"What about your food?" Seojun asked, moving down to the end of the bed and letting Miyeon sit by the pillows, leaning against the bed frame. "Won't it get cold?"

"I didn't come here to eat, believe it or not." Miyeon replied, getting comfortable and pulling her knees to her chest, fiddling with the bracelet on her wrist.

"But you're still eating properly?" Seojun paused his own eating to look over at her, eyes running over her figure. "Make sure you keep eating well. You look exhausted - make sure you sleep enough." He nodded, before returning to his food.

"You don't have to worry so much, I'm doing just fine. There was just that one time I slipped on the first time my mom came back. I've skipped a few dinners because I didn't want to see her, but I've been forced into full breakfasts the next morning, so you don't have to worry." Miyeon reassured him.

"I'm not worrying." Seojun swallowed, quickly correcting her. "I just know about it all.. and I'm not going to sit here and not check on you."

"Whatever you say." Miyeon shrugged.

"Has your mom done anything else?" The Han boy asked, gaze slipping over to her when she didn't reply. "What has she done?" He continued.

"Nothing big, just makes me eat with her when she's there and just the way she treats me it's.." Miyeon shivered. "Tonight my dad was there as well, and I have no idea what that'll be like."

"You haven't seen them together yet?" His question was greeted with a shake of Miyeon's head. "But your mom got back from her trip ages ago."

"It's just strange. I'm pretty sure they were downstairs one night and well.. it's just weird. There's nights when there's neither of them at home. I understand my dad is probably working, but I have no idea where my mom is." Miyeon came to a stop. "You probably think I'm crazy right? You hate me but here I am telling you all about my parents."

"I don't hate.. I know your problemts, and I know they're not easy things to share with people. You won't have told Jugyeong, Sooa or Soojin, so even if I won't offer much advise. But if you're wanting to go back to how I usually am, I thought I made my feelings about you being here clear." Seojun said, switching from one way of treating her to another.

"Ah, that's better." Miyeon said, a smile gracing her lips for just a moment, leaning her head against the wall. "You being nice to me these days is strange. I only came over for Gowoon, that's it."

"Yet you're sat in my room." Seojun glanced over at her. "And I've finished my food, care to explain that one?"

Miyeon didn't reply straight away, just sitting there for a moment before looking over to him. "One day, when I'm ready, I might tell you everything. I just can't right now." She said softly, relaxing after her admitting it, eyes fluttering close, Seojun's eyes widened and he looked away from her.

"It's okay." He ended up saying.. "Although until you do tell me, I'll treat you the same."

"Fine by me."

Seojun looked over to her again, smiling slightly when he saw the corners of her lips turn upwards. "Hwang Miyeon." He said, and Miyeon's eyes flickered open. "If you're tired just go to sleep."

"My mom will kill me." Miyeon replied, but her voice was quiet. She hadn't quite been comfortable sleeping in her own bed for at least a week, and those seven or more nights had been spent tossing and turning, ending up with her getting little to no sleep at all.

"You said that every time you fell asleep here before everything happened. But you're still here. So go to sleep. Sleep is important." No matter how Seojun acted the majority of the time, there was still the same sort of block there for him.

He just couldn't bring himself to treat her the exact way he treated Suho. It was awful, but he worried about her - he knew far more about her struggles than anyone elses. And as it turned out, he was the only one who really did know.

So even if he did hate her, he had to worry. Otherwise he might just lose someone else.

 Otherwise he might just lose someone else