Part 2

THE NEXT DAY  (IZUKU POV)

I woke up the next day with dry tears on my cheeks and my pillow soggy. I was trying to remember why I cried, but I wish I didn't. Just the thought of being quirkless is bad enough since I know all too well on how they're treated.

"*Sigh* I just hope that today will at least be better." I said quietly to myself.

I walked out of the room and down the stairs and into the kitchen only to find no one, literally no one. It was quiet. I tried calling out to them, but nobody answered. I checked their rooms, but it was empty. I tried searching the bathroom, the living room, the basement, and anywhere I could think of, but there was nobody there. I checked the time and it was 6:00 in the morning. "That's odd, school starts at 9:00." I said to myself.

I waited for about 10 minutes, and then I got hungry. I looked for anything that I can eat, but the only things that I can eat right now are biscuits and bread, so I ate what I found. After I ate, I wasn't entirely full yet, so I waited until my parents and Izumi get back from wherever they went to. So in the meantime, I readied my stuff that I'm going to bring for school.

A FEW MINUTES LATER...

I was watching Phineas and Ferb on TV when I suddenly heard the door open, and in came my parents and Izumi who was holding what seemed to be take-out food. I waved and said hi to them, but both Mom and Dad ignored me, and Izumi was the only one who waved back.

As Mom and Dad were walking back to their room, Izumi came over to me and greeted me, then asked me if I ate yet. I responded with "Yeah, I did. but the only thing that I ate were bread and biscuits. Plus I was left here alone when I woke up. How about you?" 

She looked at me with a sad expression and said "Yeah, we did. we ate at McDonalds this morning. Mom and Dad asked me if I still wanted anything else to eat. I said yes, but it was a lie. The food that I ordered wasn't for me, but for you. I didn't tell Mom and Dad about it though." I was surprised at what she said. 

"Why did you lie to them just to get me food?" I asked curiously. 

She responded with "I noticed that after we had our quirk appointment yesterday, Mom didn't pay attention to you and rushed out the door almost breaking it, but didn't even realize that one, she almost broke it, and two, she almost left you at the hospital. I got a bit mad at her actions, but I let it slide because what parent wouldn't be happy about their child having a quirk? So after that happened, I wanted to comfort you on the way home, but I just couldn't find the right time to do so because Mom kept on praising me, and all she ever kept praising me about was my quirk, not even paying attention to what's in front of her which was the road. She could've crashed the car, but she didn't seem to care."

I was surprised that she noticed that much in so little time, let alone when she's still just 4 years old, and I'm a year older than her, but even I can't notice that much as fast as she can.

I then said "Okay, that's impressive and all that you noticed that much, but that doesn't explain why you lied to them." 

"I was just getting there. You see, when we got home, Dad Immediately asked us what our quirks were, Mom first explained mine, but when Dad asked what yours was, Mom said that you didn't have one. And she said it so casually like it wasn't that big of a deal, I got mad but didn't show it. But what made me almost snap at them was when Dad that it didn't matter, and that I would be enough. That's his opinion and maybe Mom's, but for me, Nothing would be enough if you weren't a part of it." I blushed at the last part, but she didn't seem to notice it.