Chapter Six

Twenty-eight days ago we killed Frank. Dropped him off a bridge and never looked back. It's been twenty-eight days of me sneaking Carl and Dom condoms, Sleeping on the couch because of Franny, walking Liam to school, and cooking meals for Ian and Caleb on days they work extra-long shifts and I love life. Lip went to a drinking program, thank fuck and Fiona seems to be okay. 

"CARL, DOM If you two are late again your dad's going to find out and I'm going to get an angry call," I yell up to them. "Coming!" I hear Carl yell. "Coming down I hope, You guys better not be doing a quickey before school!" 

As soon as Carl and Dom leave I call Enzo. "Hey, I need a ride." 
Enzo shows up in a shitty car, "You know, most people are scared of me because I kill people and sell drugs." I laugh. "Enzo, your my chauffeur, I'm not scared of you. Now take me to Mickeys." He rolls his eyes and drives to the prison.

"So you killed Frank?"Mickey asks when I sit down. "So you got my letter!" He holds up the friendship bracelet I made and sent in the envelope. "You tryna make me look gay?"He asks looking at it. "you do that without the bracelet. Now put it on asshole, I made myself a matching one." I watch as he ties it to his wrist. "Thank you."
"How's Ian?" He says out of the blue. "He's with a firefighter, nice dude." He just nods. "Ians an EMT, He had to fight for it because of his Bipolar, but he aced every test." Mickey smiles. "Of course fire-crotch did, ROTC boy scout." I slide Mickey a few books. To kill a mockingbird, The Maze Runner, Pet Semetary. "Thanks but you know I don't read. " He tells me. "Well, now you do." He looks at the books. "Isn't maze runner a kid's book?" I gasp. "THIS isn't NOT a kids book, in fact, it's a young adult book." I also side him a picture of all the Gallaghers together. "So your not alone." He smiles. " I would hug you if it wasn't for THIS FUCKING GLASS!" He yells so everyone looks over. "Might be able to get us in-person, no glass visits," I tell him. "How!" 
"I have my ways." An alarm goes off and I'm told to leave due to an inmate who apparently stabbed another one and started a riot. 

I walk to Enzos's car and get in. He drives for what seems like forever. "Can you stop fidgeting and sit still for two minutes," Enzo says annoyed. "Actually no, Pullover I have an idea," I tell him as I reach for the wheel.  I go to pull it and he flips out. "AMANDA STOP!" He yells. I don't think he's ever yelled like that at me. "You're going to crush us." He says. "You were driving slow." He parks next to the curb and I jump out. "Should I wait?"
"Nah, Go home. I'll walk to the Gallaghers." He drives away and I start walking to the building. Years back Mickey and I found three places to hide out, One was the one he brought Ian, two was the dugout behind the school that he also took Ian and the third was the top of a building overlooking the water. This, was my spot. For years Mickey was the only family I had. he came out to me accidentally in middle school up on the building,  He ran here after his Dad almost shot him at age twelve and we hid here from the cops the first time I stole a car in town. It was here that I brought Jack, My crush in fifth grade and I kissed him. Mickey beat the shit out of him for "Kissing my sister." I hadn't been up here in years. I climb the fire escape to the fifth floor and then it cuts off, so I climb the side of the broken windows, up another four floors before reaching the next set of fire escapes. The building was so old it only had 2/3 escapes. The building stopped on the tenth floor. I walk to the edge and look out at the water. From here you could see the bridge, and the water, and the fire station along with the place I stole my first car. 

Hours of me sitting there, looking at the little bit of city I could see, wind in my hair. It was beautiful and peaceful. Till Lip called saying he was home and wanted to say hi.
"Amanda, I'm back, could you come home so I can say hi. Missed you guys."
"Yeah, I'm not home so give me like twenty minutes."
"See you in twenty."
"Yep, bye." 

I climbed down and ran home. "LIP!" I ran into him and hugged him. "You look, good Lip. Healthy even!" He shows me the AA chips. "You bet I'm healthy. The only thing going in here is four packs of cigarettes a day." He pulls one out. "Preach," I say grabbing one. We walk into the house together. Franny is watching tv, some creepy children's show. "Hello?" Lip calls out. Debbi jogs from the kitchen over to hug him. I sit with Franny as they catch up. "How's my favorite baby doing," I say as I boop her nose.  She giggles. "Did you hear that Debbs?" I say. "She's giggling." I am a GREAT aunt. I think to myself as I watch a smile appear on her face.  All three of us walk into the kitchen and we all tense up when Lip sees the beer and freezes. "We can hide it," I tell him. "No, no I'm okay." I nod but Debbie isn't convinced. "Are you sure, we can hide it." 
"No, it's whatever Debbs." He tells her and pats her head. 

"Did I just hear Frank?" I ask Debbie after I hear a whistle. "He's dead."I nod and she leaves to sell her stolen baby stroller. I go up to Debbies room and fall asleep in her bed. Ian, Lip, and Carl wake me saying Franks back. "I FUCKING KNEW IT!" We leave him and talk in the living room. Carl bitches about not having his tip cut off. "Amanda, Ian you like dick, They all circumcised."
"Most, not all," Ian tells him. I just laugh. The boys tell him to keep it clean so it doesn't smell and when he leaves saying he's going to take a shower I fall to the ground laughing. "Someone get this boy scissors."