my god karl you have no idea

heyo! sorry this chapter is later than the rest of them usually are ive just been going through a rough patch inspiration-wise. not sure if it's over now or if it's just beginning but i really wanted to crank out a chapter for you because this story is really gaining popularity :) i appreciate your kind comments and your votes, it means a lot to me that i can spread my message and thoughts through this story. i hope it teaches some people things and can become a good image of representation for trans people and religious conflict etc. i know that wattpad has a lot of young readers so i wanted to write some things i wish i knew when i was younger. to all the baby trans people reading this, you're gonna be okay and you're gonna make it. if your parents are unaccepting, i will be your new trans dad. i know living in this world is tough and cruel but it is worth it to keep fighting.

anyways motivational shit aside ily all, thanks for reading. here's a couple chapters sweet as candy for your patience.

❀ ❀ ❀

The day went by like a dream. After gym class was over, everyone went home, and Karl and Sapnap literally got to walk themselves to the buses before they split up, having to go into separate ones. He sat on the seat with his backpack in his lap and his gaze searching outside as if he would see his friend again one more time before they drove off into opposite directions. He didn't catch a second glimpse of him, but it was okay. He had all the time in the world to see him now that he was staying in public school.

The only problem was coming home, and having to dodge his mother's questions.

"You made friends?"

"A couple!"

"What're they like?"

"They're super nice!"

"What're their names?"

"Eret and Wilbur and George and Dream and Boomer."

"That's a lot! All boys?"

Karl hesitated, thinking about Eret. "Yeah..."

"Hm... just be careful."

"I know."

Karl was a boy. He didn't feel like he had to be scared around them. Not like a girl shouldn't be in the presence of boys either, but he didn't feel out of place. He was a part of them, not an outsider looking in. There was a big difference between being trans and being a tomboy. His mom probably could only picture him as the second no matter how much he begged her to see him differently. He felt it was only a matter of time before she would start to accept that she wasn't going to change him, and no amount of fear-inducing could make such an important part of himself waver.

As if the days he spent at school talking to his new friends weren't perfect enough, he would lay in his bed at home and open Instagram to continue his conversations with them through the DMs. He had never felt so accepted, included, or loved this much in so long. Some of his favorite moments were noticing that Sapnap had responded to his message, and he would occasionally read them over and over again with his heart fluttering in his chest. He wished he knew what it was exactly about him that made him feel like this. He had the potential to spark feelings over Quackity, Wilbur, Eret, literally anyone he would consider to be in his friend group now, but what was it about Sapnap? The time they had between them? The way he kept his white bandana in his bag and his yearbook on the end of the shelf for easy finding? The way Sapnap's new stubble crawled across his jaw and his eyes melted his soul like it was hot chocolate in a pot? The acceptance he showed persistently no matter what Karl looked like? His gravelly voice and how he laughed like he didn't have a worry for anything in the world? The way their hands clasped together when Karl sat on his lap during their reunion... and how his lips looked so close yet so far...