Chapter 29- Being the better person

The end of the tournament was just the beginning of something new. Something big and Y/N was worried that it wouldn't end well. For anybody.

Daniel had texted Y/N directions to a place she wasn't familiar with and told her to be there early. Kind of weird and suspicious in her opinion but she complied. She rode her bike for what seemed like forever, crossing over a set of train tracks before stopping in front of a run-down wooden fence. Y/N parked her bike and slowly pushed the fence open walking in. She looked around in awe. Although the place was very run down, it was still a beautiful place. A row of cars was sitting off to the side while a pond was on the other side, a neat wooden bridge above it. The gravel crunched under Y/n's feel as she walked forward, taking in everything.

"Ah Y/N. Welcome to Miyagi-Do Karate!" Daniel announced, coming out of nowhere, Robby behind him. "This place is...wow." Y/N breathed. "Wait until we fix it up. You'll be even more shocked." Daniel stated, walking off to get some supplies. Y/N looked at Robby and smiled. "How's the shoulder?" She asked. "Hurts like hell but at least I'm alive." He joked making the two laugh. Daniel came back to the two with a box full of different things. "Let's do this."

The three spent all day fixing up the dojo. They repainted the house, replaced the rotting boards on the fence with new ones, sanded the deck, painted the fence, cleaned and waxed the cars, set up a balancing board in the pond, and redecorated the whole place. By the time the sun was setting, the place was completely different. Daniel was right, Y/N was even more shocked. She couldn't wait to see what happened with the dojo. and with Cobra Kai.
-------------------------------------------------
The next day, Y/N walked up the Cobra Aki dojo to see a group of kids waiting outside. After Miguel's win, the kids probably wanted to join and be badass like him. Not the best sales pitch there was but if brought in the crowds. Just as Y/N was walking towards the kids, Hawk and Miguel were arriving as well.

"Hello, boys." She greeted the pair. Miguel said hi back while Hawk just nodded. Ever since the tournament, he was more reserved around her. It was understandable, I mean she did help Robby and Miyagi-Do Karate. But Miguel wasn't bothered by it, which is all she cared about.

"Hey, mouth breather, move it," Hawk demanded, approaching the kids. "Of course sorry." One of the boys said, moving out of the way. "I'll get the door." Another insisted, pulling it open. "So you guys wanna be Cobra Kais?" Y/N asked nicely. The group nodded enthusiastically. Hawk put his fist up and went at them, making them all flinch. "You've got a long road ahead of you." Hawk laughed before going inside. Y/N rolled her eyes and walked in behind. She wasn't a fan of Hawk. She missed Eli.

The three walked into the dojo to see most of the kids already in the gis. Y/N noticed one of the mirrors missing and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Broken glass was scattered on the floor and it looked like a fire was started. "What the hell happened here?" Miguel asked, shrugging off his backpack. "Looks like sensei threw a party," Aisha replied. "Must have been one hell of a party if fire was involved," Hawk added making the three of them laugh. Y/N didn't laugh, though as she surveyed the scene. I don't think there was a party.

A bunch of people was chatting excitedly, the new kids especially. "Quiet!" Johnny's voice rang, ceasing all the noise in the dojo. Johnny walked out of his office in his black gi, approaching the group of new kids. "The dojo's closed to new students today," he stated angrily. "We wanted to sign up after the tournament." One of the boys replied. "Do I need to say it again? Get out!"

The kid scurried out of the dojo as quickly as they could. Y/N studied Johnny worriedly. Something must have happened. He was never like this. At least when he was sober. "Let's go move it. Come back tomorrow. And bring your checkbooks." He added. Once the last kid was out of the door, he turned to his students. "Everyone, fall in!"

Everyone got into their positions with Aisha, Y/N, Hawk, and Miguel in the front. "Must have been a rager, Sensei," Hawk stated with a smirk. "Were you celebrating all weekend?" Miguel asked excitedly. "Celebrating what? My students are a bunch of pussies." Johnny spat. The smiles fell off of the boy's faces. Ok, something was bothering him big time. "Hawk, Diaz, upfront!"

Hawk and Miguel slowly walked to the front and faced the class. "Hawk. Did you attack your opponent when his back was turned?" Johnny asked, circling him and Miguel. "Yes, sensei?" Hawk answered, confused as to why he asked. "Diaz. Did your purposefully attack your opponent's injury?" Johnny asked. "Yes sensei," Miguel answered firmly. "You think that makes you badass?"

The two boys glanced at each other, their mouths opening and closing, unsure of what to say. "What's the matter, too tough a question? Maybe you need some help." Johnny snapped before turning back to the class. "Ms. L/N!" He yelled. "Yes sensei!" Y/N replied. "Two cobras in the jungle. One kills the strongest lion, the other kills a crippled monkey. Which cobra do you wanna be?" He asked.

"The one that killed the lion, sensei."

"And why is that?"

"Because it killed a stronger animal."

"Correct! Cobra Kai is about being badass. And the baddest badass is the one who beats his opponent when he's at his strongest. Not when his back is turned. Not when he's injured! Is that understood?"

"Yes sensei!" The class answered in unison. "That means no more cheating. No more fighting dirty. From here on out, those are pussy moves, and you don't wanna be pussies do you?" Johnny asked. "No, Sensei." The class answered. "Good. It's why I had you wear your white belts. We're starting over." Johnny stated. He then turned to Miguel and Hawk. "Diaz, Hawk, 50 pushups on your knuckles. Ms. Robinson, warm them up."

Aisha nodded and Johnny stormed off to his office, while Miguel and Hawk got down onto their knuckles. Y/N decided to follow Johnny. She walked up to his door and lightly knocked, making him look up at her. "Hey did something happen?" She asked softly, walking into the room. "Why do you think something happened?" He retorted. "Broken mirror, fire, your bruised knuckles, and your attitude," Y/N replied.

"You should be a detective," Johnny muttered. Y/N shrugged, "Maybe one day. But seriously what's wrong?" She asked again. Before Johnny could reply, Miguel walked into the office, an angry look on his face. "Sensei, we need to talk." He stated. Johhy rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

"What was that out there? Punishing us for winning the tournament?"

"I'm teaching you a lesson.

"Yeah, what about 'no mercy'? You taught us to win at all costs."

"Yeah. Well, maybe I'm still learning a bit too."

"I just don't understand. You had no problem with us attacking anyone else. Why take pity on Robby Keene?"

Y/N felt herself cringe at Miguel's question. This wasn't going to end well. Johnny sighed before getting up out of his chair and stopping in front of Miguel. "Look, I wasn't taught the difference between mercy and honor and I paid the price for it. If I'm extra hard on you or Y/N, it's only because you two had the potential to be better than I ever was. You want that, don't you?" Johnny asked. Miguel's eyes darted between Y/N and Johnny before nodding his head. "Alright. Then stop whining like a little bitch and get out and finish your drills."

Miguel smirked at Johnny before bowing and exiting the office. "Did you mean all that?" Y/N asked, turning to Johnny. He nodded. "Well for what's it worth, I think you're ok," Y/N said, smiling. "Just ok?" Johnny scoffed. Y/N nodded. "Go do your drills and stop bothering me," Johnny said pushing her out of his office. "Love you too, Sensei!"
----------------------------------------------------------
A/N I'm still not feeling well so I couldn't think of any funny things for this chapter but I hope y'all enjoyed and stay hydrated!!