― chapter 19.

❝ you're the best boyfriend i've ever had

❝ you're the best boyfriend i've ever had. ❞

MIGUEL STARED AT AYANE IN DISBELIEF.

"Did you just- did you just say that you love me?"

"...No."

He was feeling a lot of emotions in that moment. Of course, Ayane was drunk, so she might not have meant it.

Ayane stared at him. Before either of them could say anything else, someone called her name.

"Ayane?"

She turned, seeing Robby and Sam walking up to her. Ayane smiled quickly.

"Guys! I'm so glad you're here!"

She went between them, hugging both of them.

They both gave her a look, as this was certainly not Ayane's normal behavior.

"Are you drunk?" Sam asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

Ayane sucked her teeth. "Is it that obvious?"

Robby raised his eyebrows, shaking his head. "Last I heard, you were in the hospital. I guess you're better now?"

Miguel joined Ayane, standing beside her.

"Oh- yeah, I'm better. Which means I still get to kick ass at the tournament-"

"We don't know that yet," Miguel cut in, placing his hands on her shoulders.

Robby eyed Miguel, then suddenly realized who he was. He was the kid that was hugging his father that day Robby came by.

That immediately ruined Robby's mood.

"Miguel won't let me drink anymore," Ayane tried to whisper, although everyone could hear her.

Sam grinned. "I wonder why. Speaking of, I think I might go get a drink. Robby?"

He nodded, following her off.

Ayane turned to Miguel, looking him up and down for a moment before kissing him hard.

Miguel's eyes widened, and he finally pulled away from her. "Ayane, you're drunk. I'm not making out with you when you're not sober."