Confession (Barbatos x reader)

(This is another text based one shot.)

Y/N's POV

Y/N: Are you going to confess your love to me?

My face heated up as I texted that. It was supposed to be a joke, but my chest seemed to tighten as I sent it. I knew what it meant: I, Y/N L/N, was in love with the demon prince's butler. I'm not sure when it started, but there was something about him. Besides his good looks and mannerisms, there was a certain aura about him that I absolutely loved.

Barbatos: Only if you want me to.

"Of course I want you to! And of course Diavolo sends a laughing demon emoji. They both probably thought it was a joke. Stupid feelings. I wish he would confess for real, but who knows what goes on in Barbatos' mind..."

"Y/N? Earth to Y/N!" I jumped as I heard someone yell my name. Mammon was looking at me with an annoyed expression. I looked around and noticed that I was in the RAD lunchroom, sitting at a table with Mammon, Asmo, and Satan. "S-Sorry...what were we talking about?" I shoved my phone into my pocket and looked at the three.

"That doesn't matter. So who were you texting~? You had an adorable blush on your face." Asmo leaned his head on his hand, and smirked at me. "N-No one! It's none of your business..." I glanced away as I took a huge bite out of my lunch. "She's right Asmo. Besides, she's allowed to keep her love life to herself." Satan said, making me start to choke on my food and start coughing. I quickly grabbed my drink, and Mammon quickly stood up.

I quickly grabbed my drink, and gulped it down. I stopped choking, but I was gasping for some air as I glared at the blonde demon. "You tryin' to kill her or something?!" Mammon yelled as he sat back down. "I didn't mean to do that. I apologize." Satan spoke, and I huffed as I looked away. Just then, the bell rang.

"Great. This means that I only have three hours left until I have to go see Barbatos in the council room."

-three hours later-

I felt myself getting more and more anxious with every small step I took as I walked down the crowded hallway to the student council room. I had no idea what Barbatos wanted from me, so that made me even more nervous. I hadn't even checked my phone since lunch.

When I arrived at the door, my shakey hand grasped the doorknob, and I opened the door. Barbatos was the only one inside, and I noticed a couple of bags on the table. "Welcome Y/N. I have wrapped up the sweets for you to take to the manor." I raised an eyebrow. "Sweets? Sorry, I didn't really look at my phone after lunch." He simply smiled at me.

"That's alright. I was teaching Luke how to bake yesterday, and we ended up getting a little carried away. So I wanted you to takes these with you and share them with everyone at the House of Lamentation." "Oh. Then thank you! I'll take them with-" I went to pick up the bags, but there were kind of heavy. Barbatos quickly took the bags from me before I fell over. I let out a laugh.

"You guys really *did* make too much." I noticed that Barbatos' eyes had a small sparkle in them as I laughed, and I ended up staring into his green eyes in silence. Time seemed to freeze for a moment as we just looked at each other. "Shall I help you take these back?" His soft voice broke the silence, and I felt my cheeks heat up again. "Y-You don't have to!" I waved my arms rapidly.

"It's alright. I wouldn't want you to drop anything on the way back and be stranded." He took both of the bags, and started walking out of the room. I caught up with him and walked at his side, trying my best not to seek glances at his handsome face. "Let me at least take one of those." I reached for one of the bags, and my hand brushed against his gloved hands as I took one.

"Wait. Why aren't we taking a portal? Not that I'm complaining since I get to walk with my crush, but wouldn't it just be more convenient to take a portal?"

Just then, I nearly got knocked over by a passing wave of students, but Barbatos quickly wrapped his free arm around my waist. He pulled me against his chest as the students passed by us. I glanced up, and was met with Barbatos smiling down at me. "Are you alright?" "Y-Yeah I'm fine..." I said as he let me go. The air around me felt cold compared to the warmth I just felt. I blushed as we left the school together.

"So, how has it been living in the manor? I imagine it's an interesting experience." He asked as we walked down the street. "That's an understatement. It can be pretty hectic, but it's fun. Even though it's hard to get some quiet time there." I chuckled. I never really had much time to myself since one of the brothers usually wanted to hang out or needed me for something. "If you're ever feeling stressed, you could always come over to the castle. I can make you some tea and we can chat." My heartbeat quickened.

"I might take you up on that offer." Ince again, I saw that shine in his eye. I wasn't sure what it was, but seeing it made me feel incredibly happy. After a little while longer of walking, we made it to the front gate of the manor. I opened it, and the two of us walked inside.

"We can just put these in the kitchen. I'll make sure to tell the others so Beel doesn't eat them all. Thank you for helping me." I joked as we set down the bags in the kitchen. "It was my pleasure. I should be getting back now since it's almost time for Lord Diavolo's dinner." Barbatos opened a portal on the wall, and he started to walk in. But before he could, I subconsciously grabbed his wrist.

He looked back at me with a look of confusion. "U-Um....w-why didn't we take a portal from the school to here? It would've been easier." The words just came out of my mouth without me really noticing. He smiled at me. And it wasn't his usual curt smile. In fact, it was the happiest smile I had ever seen on him. "That's because I wanted to spend time with you. I hope that's a good enough explanation. I don't fully understand it myself." We looked into each other eyes, and for whatever reason with both leaned in. As if a magnet was pulling us together.

Our lips connected briefly, but it was more than enough to express our feelings. I gave me one last smile before walking into the portal, leaving me dumbfounded. My mind could hardly comprehend what had just happened. "Y/N? When did ya get back? And where'd you get all this stuff?" Mammon asked. I tried to speak, but my mind wouldn't let me. Just then, my phone buzzed.

Barbatos: If you would want to, would you like to out somewhere this weekend? It doesn't matter where. I'll let you choose.

"Why is your face red? Are ya getting sick or something?"

"I-I'm....sick alright. Lovesick..."

"Huh?"

(Edit: Is anyone else getting notifications late on Wattpad? They've been about two hours behind for me, and I'm not sure if it's just me or Wattpad is being stupid.)