S3 E1: Aftermath

Edited January 2, 2022
***
Things haven't been the same since Miguel was knocked into his coma. I spent almost every minute up at the hospital, talking to him, and hoping that one day he'd just...open his eyes.

My life has been miserable since the fight at the school. I refused to go back-- and I won't go back until Miguel wakes up.

Sometimes, Vinnie will visit. But he's gone back to school like everyone else; so I can't bother him, and make him miss his education for me. That'd be selfish.

Vinnie did say that if I needed him, he'd be there. But it's been weeks since I've even spoken to him. Fourteen days, and six hours--to be exact. It's not that I don't want to talk to him. I just...have a lot on my plate at the moment. I just can't help but feel as though I might be pushing Vinnie away.

It's the same thing with Sam, too. I mean, she hasn't tried to reach me, either.

Vinnie texted me constantly. I just don't respond, and hope he understands--which, I think he does, because he hasn't given up.

I can't sleep. I was exhausted, and I felt weak. Every time I closed my eyes—I'd see that same fall over and over again.

The hospital slowly became a familiar place. I knew my way around, and I've even made friends with some of the patients.

For instance, Margaret Chambers is a 60-year-old woman with a heart condition. She loves company, so sometimes, I find myself sitting and talking with her. I discovered her on the second day my brother was here for. I mistook Margaret's room for his, and apologized a lot. Margaret was excited I'd found her.

Oh, and then, there's Lindsay Stellar. She has really pretty auburn hair, and she's very nice. I met her in the hospital cafeteria, while she was reading some horrible old lady book. By that, I mean lots and lots of sex chapters. She was laughing, snorting in the process. I asked her what was so funny and she said, and I quote-- "Old women do not know how to write smut. It's like the most uncomfortable thing." I was interested, and after we introduced ourselves, I read over some of the awkward scenes myself.

Lindsay was supposed to be in school with me, but she kind of...resides in the hospital. Lindsay has a digestive disorder. She was diagnosed last year, at the age of fifteen. She got fed with a tube, that stayed taped to the side of her face.

I told Miguel all about Lindsay. I'm sure that once he wakes up, he can meet her, and that he'd like her just as much as I do. She's a good friend. She listens.

"In a way, she reminds me a lot of Vinnie. She always knows what to say, and how to be there for me. They'd probably be good friends too." I said to my brother, as he just laid there, lifeless. I held his hand in mine. "I have to be careful, though. Who knows if she'll try to steal my boyfriend?" I joked. When he didn't respond-- I mean, I didn't expect him to-- I sighed, and stood up. "I love you, Miggy. Wake up soon, 'kay?"

As I walked down the halls to Lindsay's room, I watched the TV's in the waiting room with wide eyes.

Robby Keene's name and face was on the screen. The police still haven't caught him, and it was beginning to irk me. I bit my lip with anger, tasting the blood in my mouth. I can't believe I dated that asshole.

I can't believe I loved him.

"Dude, your ex is on TV," Lindsay said, as soon as I entered.

"Yeah. I know. The dick is pretty good at running, isn't he?" I spat, poison in my tone.

"Shit, he's done this before?" she asked, as I sat next to her on her bed. She looked a lot healthier than when I met her two weeks ago. Not only was she having trouble eating, but she couldn't sleep either. The doctor's gave her some melatonin pills, and they seemed to help her out pretty well.

"Oh, yeah. Robby's got a thing for trouble. He used to steal shit, and he lied about his age to our boss," I chuckled. "I can't believe what he did to my brother," my heart stung. "Over a fucking girl,"

"Boys are major idiots, but this one in particular," she pointed her thumb to the TV. "he's the biggest idiot ever."

"Ugh, tell me about it." I sighed. "So...how are you feeling?" I asked, with a smile.

"I finally gained enough weight," she nodded, smiling as well.

"I am so proud," I said.

"The doctor's say at this rate, I should be able to go home. I just have to keep this thing in my face," she pointed to her feeding tube. I smiled.

"Then, we can finally have sleepovers," I told her, and she nodded.

"How are you holding up? How is your brother? Your family?" she asked. I sighed.

"My mom and grandmother are a mess. Can you blame them? I mean, my psycho ex pushed him off a--" I grabbed my chest, and stopped the panic that arose. "Sorry. My dark humor causes me stress," I groaned. Lindsay threw a pillow at me.

"You scared me, ass," she giggled.

"Anyway, I am as good as I'm gonna get. Vinnie keeps texting, but--"

"Vinnie? The Vinnie? Girl, I told you to respond to him days ago!" Lindsay yelled.

"And I will! Just...not now. It's hard enough that--"

"Camila!" My mother cried at Lindsay's door. A smile, widely spread on her face. She held her arm to her chest. "Miguel. He's awake."

*

{ANGELINA SPEAKS}

WE ARE BACK BABY. so sorry for the delay. but wait no longer. here's season 3! this chapter was kind of original, because no one really....does much. so I just created Lindsay. I love her sm.