S3 E3: Now You're Gonna Pay

Edited January 2, 2022
***

"Sam?" I questioned as soon as I stepped into my brother's room. Vinnie was at my side, holding my hand when we walked in, and Sam smiled slightly.

"Hey, guys," she said.

"El serpiente!" Hawk's voice came from behind us. Sam froze.

"I was just leaving," she told me. "I'll call you. See you, Miguel," she said, before leaving.

"What's up bro?" Hawk asked, him, clapping his hand. I shifted uncomfortably. "Hey, Camila," he said, shortly.

"Hi, E--Hawk," I stuttered.

"Maybe we can come back later?" Vinnie asked. "Lindsay's leaving today. We can go see her," he said.

"Yeah, good idea," I smiled. "Come on,"

"Guys!" Sam said, and I turned around.

"I thought you left," I said.

"I figured you two wouldn't want to be in there with him either," she smiled. We all hugged. "I uh, wanted to let you guys know...uh, they found Robby." she said.

"What? Is he dead?" I asked. Vinnie and Sam both eyed me weirdly. "Sorry, sorry. I'm still mad,"

"No, he's not dead. He's in jail, though." Sam said. I gasped.

"Oh shit," Vinnie said.

"I just thought you guys would wanna know," Sam held her arm, where Tory had cut her. I pointed to my face.

"Battle scar sisters," I said, as we fist pumped.

"Hell yeah." she smiled. "So... are you two?"

"Yes, as of yesterday," Vinnie kissed my cheek.

"Finally," she said. "Anyway, there's a car wash going on at the school, so I should get there."

"Yeah, totally. See you around," Vinnie and I waved goodbye, and went to the waiting room where Lindsay was, filling out her release papers with her mom.

"Lindy," Vinnie said, doing the handshake they did yesterday. "You all ready to go?"

"Yes," she said. "I should be back in school next week," she smiled. "I'm going to bully the principal into giving me the same schedule as Camila," she grinned.

"Please do. Vinnie is boring."

"Hey!" he whined. I kissed his nose.

"Oh, hush pretty boy. You know I love you." I said. Vinnie grinned at that.

*

Hawk had finally left my brother's room, and Vinnie and I returned after Lindsay left. I smiled as my brother talked. I was so glad to finally be able to hear his voice again.

"And hopefully, I'll be out of this place soon, and I can start learning karate again," Miguel said. I stopped smiling.

"Miggy..."

"Oh, no, Mila, not you too. I know it's useless to think of right now, but I am going to fight again," he said.

"No, I believe you will! I'm just saying...maybe take a break for a while, yeah?" I asked. Miguel rolled his eyes. Vinnie squeezed my hand. "I quit," I said, softly. Miguel looked up at me with wide eyes.

"You quit karate?" he asked. "Why?"

"Because! Look at you! If it wasn't for me, you'd be fine!" I cried.

"That's not true, Camila," Vinnie said from beside me. "I mean, let's face it--Robby and Sam were always going to wind up together at some point, and Tory was always gonna go after her...you just got caught in the middle of it all,"

"He's right. I mean, I...I could've stopped all this from happening too. If I wasn't such a dick at that beach party...I never would have lost Sam in the first place. And I never would have lost you," Miguel frowned.

I sighed. "I'm sorry...for bringing up the past. We should probably just....forget about it. Move on," I said, more to myself then to Miguel and Vinnie.

"No shit..." Vinnie said from beside me. I watched as Miguel dozed off, closing his eyes.

"What?" I whispered.

"Look at this," Vinnie held up his phone screen and I looked at it, genuinely surprised.

West Valley High was holding a fundraiser for Miguel. My heart warmed at the amount of participants, and I couldn't help but smile a little.

"That's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for my family. These hospital bills... they're definitely going to take a toll on us," I frowned. Vinnie searched my expression for anything at all, but clicked his phone off, and just grabbed my hand.

"Hey," he said. "We should probably go. It's getting late, and Miguel is asleep," my boyfriend said, receiving a nod from me, as I agreed. I kissed my brother's cheek, and followed Vinnie out the door.

*

Sam invited Vinnie and I over to hang out. I found out that it was all her idea to hold the fundraiser for Miguel, and I literally hugged her for ten minutes straight.

We talked about Robby, and a few other things, and I tried to stay cool when she said that she'd 'hoped it was all an accident' because I damn well know that that prick intentionally almost killed my brother.

The ringing of the doorbell cut our conversation off, and the three of us walked to the door together, still talking.

Sam swung the door open, revealing our friends from Miyagi-Do. Even though I don't fight anymore, I still consider myself a Miyagi-Do student.

"Hey, what's up?" Sam asked, in confusion.

"Is your dad here?" Chris asked.

Vinnie and I exchanged confused looks. Why did they need Daniel?

"No, he's at work. Why?" Sam asked.

"Cobra Kai took the money, and..." Demetri said, defeated.

"They kicked the fucking shit outta me," Nathaniel said, stepping forward, with bruises all over his face.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, "Come here. I'll clean you up,"

*

"Cobra Kai never stopped training." Sam said. "We have to catch up,"

Sam took us to the dojo. Everyone was here. My mind flickered back to the fight in the school, and I immediately backed myself away from the training area.

"Cam?" Vinnie asked, and I shook my head.

"I can't.. Not again." I replied.

I touched my scar, wincing at the memories.

Vinnie's fingers traced my own, bringing my hand away from my face. "You can do this, Camila," he said. "Do it for Nathaniel. Do it for Miguel. Do it for you," he said.

"What if I get hurt again? What if Miguel gets hurt? What if you get hurt? I can't watch anymore people I love get hurt, Vin, I just can't." I cried.

"You can't think like that. You just need to believe that we can do this," he said.

I nodded. "All right." I said, standing up front next to Sam.

"Let's kick some Cobra Ass." I exclaimed.

"What is your dad finds out?" Nathaniel asked Sam.

"He won't," she said. "He's out of town."

*

<ANGELINA SPEAKS>

I apologize for taking forever to update.

I promise I'm gonna get back on my game!

-Angelina