𝐭 𝐰 𝐨

I don't know where am I but all I know is that I feel like absolute shit

My eyes don't want to open but I force them to anyway

I blink a few times,  letting my eyes adjust to the bright light.

"Hey"

I turn to see Chris sitting in the chair next to me, giving me a sad smile.

I must be in a hospital.

"You scared me shitless princess" he says, giving an awkward laugh.

"I'm sorry." I say trying to sit up.

"But do me a favor and fill me in on what happened." I laugh "I don't remember anything after the meeting ended."

"Yeah sure...Well, when the meeting ended, you stood but looked like you were going to pass out. when I reached you, you muttered something and then collapsed." he says sighing heavily

"Okay..." I was  honestly a little confused. "What did the doctor say?" I ask hoping for some information to fill in the blanks.

"All they did was take blood work so they could run a few tests. They should be back with some answers in a little." He says climbing into bed with me.

He cuddles me, talking to me about everything and anything trying to help the time pass by quickly. The waiting is always excruciating.

"I hope you know you're my date to the ball"

"Thanks for asking '' I reply in a sarcastic tone, laughing afterwards. "I figured anyway, plus we look good together."

He shrugs his shoulder as if saying "yeah I know".

The last time, he decided to go with some girl he met at a club instead of me. She ended up getting drunk out of her ass and having to be escorted home.

We had to do some serious damage control after that.

"Thank you for being here Chris. I really appreciate, you more than you know. I don't know what I would do without you." I smile up at him

"Always and forever princess. I don't know what I would do if I lost you. You know our friendship means the world to me." he says before kissing the side of my head.

Our moment was interpreted as the doctor walked in with a nurse right behind him.

"Hello Ms.Jennings, I am Dr.Skete. I have the results for your blood tests. I  just need you to answer a few questions." He says, giving me a warm smile that somewhat puts my nerves to rest.

"Okay, that's fine"

"When was the last time you had sexual intercourse?" He asks, getting straight to the point.

"Um... almost 4 weeks ago"

He nods as he continues to write something on his clipboard

"When was the last time you had your period?"

"A couple weeks ago, I don't really remember."

I pause finally putting everything together

"Wait, are you thinking I'm pregnant?" I ask slowly as my heart starts to beat faster and faster.

"Well according to these blood tests and the information you just gave me, you are indeed pregnant ." He says with sympathetic eyes.

A million things run through my mind.

How could I be this stupid

Why didn't I remember protection