Chapter-24

I was lying on my bed unable to sleep, my whole body panicking.

Why am I Feeling bad about the glimpse of sadness I saw in my brothers face when I told them 'I hate you'

I hate them, but why is it so painful?

As usual my mind wondered off!

I still remember the day when my mom told me that she and Andrew decided to get married, I wasn't surprised. I knew it from the beginning that something like this would happen. My mother was hopelessly in love with Andrew, they were a perfect couple in everyone's eyes. He was Sweet and caring Andrew for my mother, he was sweet and caring towards me at first but after their marriage something in him changed.

On the day of marriage I met Peter Scott, Andrews Son from his previous marriage. I wasn't comfortable with him from the start eventhough my mother made us go shopping and lunches to create a sibling bond between us.

When both peter and I knew that he can't and will never be my brother.

No one can take the place of those five loosers.

Something inside me always warned to be careful around Peter and his father. As time passed they started to meddle into my matters, at first it was about school or something petty, but soon they went to another level.

Andrew and Peter started to taunt me telling that no one want me and I am a burden to everyone. They criticized everything I did, as years passed it become unbearable. I felt so miserable and started to feel that something is wrong with me otherwise my dad and brothers wouldn't abondon me.

But now I know that those two were gaining some sadistic pleasure by hurting my feelings.

When I was 9 they started to physically abuse me, Andrew would beat me when mom wasn't at home, he threatened me not to speak a word about this to my mom. But whenever I tried when Peter and Andrew were not at home I was punished severely by him later.

My mom would ask about this to Andrew or she wouldn't believe me. After many failed attempt I stopped trying, it was clear that she didn't care about me. She believed everything Andrew and Peter told her, she even criticized me believing their lies that I have got attention seeking.

My Fear of dark closed room is caused by them. One day Peter locked me inside basement, there wasn't any source of light. The basement was dark and the atmosphere soon started to suffocate me.

Mom.......Anyone please open the door" I shouted

"It's scary please" I cried

"I CANT BREATHE, PETER OPEN THE DOOR" I screamed

I then screamed for my mom or anyone to open the door for almost a day till I passed out without any water or food and suffocation.

I didn't go to school for a week after that, I was so emotionally drowned. My mother believed Peter's words that I accidentally got myself locked inside the basement.

I started to isolate myself, Andrew's and Peter's physical abuse started to grow worse. I would lock myself in my room and cry to myself.

That's when Andrew told my mom to take me to a psychiatrist, which my mom followed without a word or thought.

After completing college Peter got a job far away from home, I was relieved at hearing this news because Andrew was mostly out with work and Peter going away is one thing I needed the most.

But my relief turned into a worse nightmare when my mom told me that I will be moving along with Peter, they had already discussed about changing my school.