Dreaming of the Past

CHAPTER ONE

The small ledge in the wall dug into my back as my body was forced against it. The pain it caused was numbed by the teasing lips on my neck. Bright lights wavered in and out of focus as I blinked through the haze of alcohol. Were we in a private room? When did we leave the party?

Those lips trailed down my neck and parted. The feel of a tongue swiping across my skin caused my body to arch into him. His lips curved into a smile as I tilted my head back. My eyes slipped shut as his hands moved down my waist to curl his fingers around the hem of my dress.

The material was bunched up slowly, his fingers grazing my thighs as he tugged on it. Music pumped through the room, quieter than it had been before and I moaned softly, feeling his teeth nip at my skin.

The dress was pulled higher, rising over my hips where he paused to slide his hand along my stomach and down my thigh. My fingers wandered over his shoulders, tracing the path of his neck before delving into his hair. He groaned softly as I tugged on it and he pulled back.

His eyes met mine. The icy blueness of his gaze generated a strange falling sensation like I was being pulled into a lake of frozen thoughts. It was like all the myriad shades of blue swirled together to form a whirlpool of what I thought was desire.

My eyes fell to his lips, cherry red from kissing and framed by barely-there stubble. They curved into a one-sided smile, a smug smirk as my fingers tightened in his hair and I pulled his head closer to mine.

"Kiss me," the whisper was a plea, but it didn't sound like it. My voice was lower, slurred slightly from prior drinks and softer, coaxing him to do what I wanted.

That smug grin grew as he leant in. The hand that had gravitated to my thigh tightened its grip, his fingers denting into my skin. He pulled my leg up just as his lips brushed mine. Not innocently at all, but hot and demanding. His lips were warm against mine, just like the fingers that now danced up the inside of my thigh. I tightened my leg around his hip, urging his body to press closer to mine.

Our lips moved together, the kiss passionate as my hands dragged down from his hair to his chest. Fumbling, I began to unbutton his shirt, tugging it away from his skin as I did. His lips broke from mine as he laughed breathlessly, glancing down.

"Eager, huh?" he teased, his voice lower and rougher than it had been before. He gently pushed my hands from his shirt, directing them down to rest on his belt as he quickly undid his shirt and shrugged it away.

"You're the same," I answered, my eyes wandering over his body before lowering to where my fingers slipped from the belt to trace over his pants. I pressed slightly before trailing my hands towards the zipper.

He inhaled sharply, snatching my hands and pinning them above my head in one quick movement. "You do that, darling, and I won't stop."

As I stared into his eyes, feeling the line of his body pressed hard against mine, I found the remainder of the drinks influence slipping from my system. I rose up on my toes, leaning in and pressed my lips to his lightly. Parting my lips, I nipped at his lower lip, watching his eyes shut briefly from the action.

"Then don't," I murmured, hooking my leg back around his waist and using the movement to press my hips against his.

With another groan that had me shivering, he dropped my hands and grasped my thighs curling my other leg around his waist. His lips crushed back against mine and I wound my arms around his neck as my eyes slipped closed. I felt him move briefly before I was falling.

Pillows flopped onto my face before they were thrown away as he hovered over me, the muscles in his arms tense beneath the touch of my fingers and his lips were once again back on my neck. Warmth spread through me from where he kissed and licked. He traced a path down to my chest, pausing to pull up my dress. I squirmed beneath him to get it off. I gasped, my body stilling for a moment when I felt teeth on my thigh.