041 | new years

he was her warmth,
she was his peace

he was her warmth, she was his peace

"WAIT, GOMEN." Daichi, Sugawara and Asahi, standing along the sidewalk, hands nestled into their pockets, turned to the direction of the familiar voice, spotting their peers. "Did we get the time wrong?" asked Kiyoko, dressed in a long white dress, a purple coat thrown over.

Mizuki stood beside her, wearing high-rise jeans, a white shirt, and two jackets over each other, encompassing her with heat. The lavenderette got cold quickly and whilst she did enjoy winter, she didn't enjoy freezing to death.

 The lavenderette got cold quickly and whilst she did enjoy winter, she didn't enjoy freezing to death

"No, not at all." The boys waved them off and bowed. "Akemashite omedetô gozaimasu."

The girls followed suit. "Akemashite omedetô gozaimasu."

They started their trek to the shrine, walking together as a group. Mizuki pushed her hair back, running a hand through the front to keep it from obstructing her view.

"It's our first time doing a shrine visit for the first of the year together," Sugawara exclaimed joyfully. "This is literally the first! So, wait! What was last year's, then? Just a random shrine visit?"

Mizuki's lip quirked up at the tumultuous energy Sugawara was emitting. She wondered whether the other boys knew just how chaotic their senpai was.

"Hey, come on, already!"

"No! You need to calm down, Suga!" Daichi turned from his pouty soulmate to the grumpy ace. "And you should at least react a little. You're barely even breathing."

Kiyoko stared at the boys in concern, noticing their pessimistic attitudes. Mizuki did, too, but she didn't comment on anything. They continued to the top, reaching the shrine and doing the usual sentiments: clapping their hands together, paying their gratitude to the gods, and asking for wishes for the coming year.

"I'm gonna go pick a fortune," informed Sugawara.

"Me, too. I can't remember the last time I did." Mizuki and Kiyoko followed after the two soulmates. "What about you, Asahi?"