𝐈𝐕.𝐕𝐈𝐈

SWITZERLAND

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honour which is one more than you have." Rhodey said towards Sam.

"So let's say we agree to this thing." Sam spoke up. "How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?"

"117 countries want to sign this. 117 Sam, and you're just like, 'No that's cool. We got it.'" Rhodey said as he imitated Sam.

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam questioned.

"I have an equation." Vision spoke up.

"Oh, this will clear it up." Sam uttered sarcastically. Darla's eyes flickered to Steve who was currently reading through the accords. "In the eight years since Mr Stark announced himself as Iron Man the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world ending events has risen as a commensurate rate."

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve questioned looking up from the book.

"I'm saying, there may be a causality." Vision responded. "Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom." Rhodey looked towards Sam with a smug grin.

"This is bullshit." Darla spoke up. Mateo let out a small chuckle from behind her as his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

It was a foreign sight to everyone to see Darla with someone that close other than Steve.

"I'm not signing. I'm not becoming someone's puppet." Darla shook her head determinedly.

"Tony." Natasha turned to the man, who hadn't said a word. "You're being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal."

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve announced, everyone turned to Darla for confirmation, which she nodded to. She knew exactly who was going to sign and who wasn't going to sign.

"Boy, you know me so well." Tony uttered sarcastically. "Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache." Tony stood up and walked towards the sink. "That's what's going on, Cap, it's just pain. It's discomfort." He paused. "Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He pulled up a photo of a young man, who was smiling widely.

"Tony, don't." Darla whispered softly knowing exactly what was going to happen.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way." Tony added, ignoring Darla's comment. "He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do." He looked between the group.

"He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where?" Tony didn't even give anyone a second to answer. "Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference I suppose. We won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass." He added sarcastically.