𝐈𝐕.𝐗

BUCHAREST

Darla looked around the apartment that Bucky was staying in. She stood beside Steve who looked around in shock. The apartment was covered in mould and had newspaper covering the windows. The bed was a small metal frame which was rusted.

Both of them wore their suits. Although the girl couldn't help but feel anxious, she knew that her being there meant that she had sided with Steve rather than with Tony and Mateo. She knew there would be a price to pay for that.

"Heads up Cap, Mrs America." Sam's voice came in over the comms, making her roll her eyes at the nickname. "German Special Forces approaching from the south."

"Understood." Steve nodded, his eyes looking down at the photo.

The blonde girl tensed once she felt someone's eyes on her. She slowly turned around to be met with Bucky. Bucky's eyes hadn't left the back of Steve's head. Darla slapped the man's arm, making him turn around.

"Do you know me?" Steve questioned.

"You're Steve." Bucky answered. "I read about you in a museum."

"I'm Darla, nice to meet you." She smiled politely as she leant against the kitchen side.

"They've set the perimeter." Sam announced to the pair.

"I know you're nervous," Steve stepped forward. "and you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying."

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky responded honestly. Steve looked down at Darla, who stood up straight and walked over to the man. She circled around him, causing Bucky to give her an odd luck.

"He's telling the truth." She announced.

"They're entering the building." Sam informed the two.

"Well the people who think you did are coming here now." Steve told his old friend. "And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart." Bucky said with a half smile. "Good strategy."

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised." Sam said quickly.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve looked towards the boy. Darla moved away from Bucky and walked back towards Steve.

"It always ends in a fight." Bucky responded.

"Five seconds."

"You pulled me from the river. Why?" Steve demanded an answer as Bucky pulled off his glove to reveal his metal hand.

"I don't know." Bucky responded, his bottom lip quivering slightly.

"Can't I just spark him and you carry him out?" Darla suggested anxiously as Sam informed them that they only had three seconds left.

"Yes you do." Steve pushed, shaking his head at Darla.

"Breach! Breach. Breach." Sam shouted as bombs were thrown into the apartment. Darla caught one and absorbed its power, whilst Bucky kicked one under Steve's shield.