Derek Hale part 1

Derek told me from the beginning that he didn't want anyone to know that we were together. I accepted his condition to be able to be together, but now I wasn't so sure anymore.

Two months ago, Derek proposed to me. He gave me the most beautiful ring. It was silver with a big green amethyst instead of a diamond. He knew that I didn't like diamonds and the fact that he picked out a ring with my favorite stone made my heart miss a beat.

But of course no could know, every time I left my house or wasn't alone with him I had to take of the ring. I kept it as a necklace so that I couldn't miss it. But still it hurt that no one knew the beautiful love that we shared.

What hurt me more that we wouldn't be having a " normal " wedding. He wanted us to go to the courthouse, and nobody could come. Not my parents, not my siblings or any of my friend. I would be all alone on my big day, that's why I told him to put off the plans for awhile.

I needed time to think, if this was really the life I wanted. To live in secrecy, to have to lie to everyone in my life. To have to watch other girls flirt and throw themself at him and not be able to do anything.

Why did it hurt so much? Shouldn't just having him in secret be enough? Why would I need to live a life where nobody knows that I'm married to someone.

I needed to talk to him, I needed to tell him how I feel. I needed to do that so I could make my decision.