The Yule Ball part 1

Hari, Hermione, Ginny, Lavender and the Patil twins made their way down the stairs. The common room looked strange, full of people wearing different colours instead of the usual mass of black and red. Hari saw the Weasley twins and Ron standing by the fire, they had their backs to her.

She made her way over to where they were standing and tapped Fred on the shoulder. He turned around  and got a weird expression on his face, looking at her.

 #)Fred? Are you alright?(#

He shook his head as if to clear it. Just then Hari noticed Ron glaring at her. 

#)What?(# She snapped at him.

"You turned me down for my brother!?" He asked incredulously.

#) He asked me first. (#

"I thought I was your best friend! You think you can get anything you want! Chosen one! Girl who lived! Champion! You're just a little att-" Fred shoved him, Ron fell backwards onto the floor. 

Fred quickly led Hari away towards the portrait hole. Hermione trailed along behind them.

They were joined by George and Angelina Johnson, and the five made their way down into the entrance hall. 

They waited with Hermione by the front doors. The the doors opened and the Durmstrang students entered with Professor Karkaroff. Over their heads she saw that an area of lawn right in front of the castle had been transformed into a sort of grotto full of fairy lights. 

Viktor Krum made his way over from the other students and took Hermione's arm. 

"You're going with Krum!?" George exclaimed, "Wicked!"

Just then a group of Slytherins came up the steps from their dungeon common room. Draco was in front; he was wearing beautifully tailored black velvet dress robes. Pansy work a slim pale pink dress that beautifully contrasted her dark hair. Crabbe and Goyle were both wearing a nasty green colour that resembled moss-colored boulders. It seemed neither of them had managed to find a partner.

The two in the lead froze, staring at something. Hari followed their gaze, Draco was looking at her, and Pansy was looking at Krum and Hermione. Hari looked back at Draco just as his expression clouded over and he moved away, dragging Pansy with him.

Fred started pulling her towards the bottom of the stairs. 

#) What? (# she asked, confused.

"McGonagall called for the champions." He said as he lead her towards the teacher. She wondered what it was like for him to be able to see above the crowd, she could only see people's chests.

Professor McGonagall was wearing dress robes of red tartan. "Wait on one side of the doors while everyone else makes their way inside. Then you will enter the Great Hall in procession when the rest of the students are sitting."