prince tommy

TW ~ Scars, Eating Disorders, Suicide Attempt, Depression

"Well Tommy, I just wanted to clarify with you, or more of, ask you. Would you like to live here?" Dream asked nervously the next day.

Tommy was out of the cursed hospital room and back into his first room. The IV was gone, the wires, the machines. Although the sensitive and weird doctor was supposed to check on him every couple of weeks.

Tommy thought to the question Dream asked. Did he want to live here? Well, he really had no where else to go, plus Karl and Quackity, and Dream, and the doctor, plus Hell was his home, he really didn't see any reason to say no.

Unless... unless Dream didn't want him here?

Tommy gave Dream a smile, nodding his head. Dream looked elated.

"That's awesome Tommy! Or... or should I say, Prince Tommy?" 

Tommy stared at him weirdly.

Prince?

Tommy?

What?

"Well, in case you haven't noticed, I do have the throne right now, making me the King of Hell, right?"

Tommy nodded slowly. He knew exactly where Dream was going, but he needed confirmation.

"That makes you a prince, bud."

"Wha- I don't deserve to be a prince! I'm stu-"

"Do not dare finish that sentence, Tommy. You are an amazing and brave person. Just because some things happened in your past, doesn't change the fact that most of your life, you were one of the bravest people I know. Your old family was just shit, okay?"

"Okay," Tommy nodded. The way Dream said what he said, so certainly, made him feel like Dream was being honest.

"So, Prince Tommy, would you like to try on a new outfit? Personally tailored for your one and only?"

"Wha- when did you get the time for this?"

"You were sitting in the hospital bed for over a week Tommy, that's a long time."

Tommy nodded, it couldn't hurt, would it?

Dream opened his closet, and pulled out a pile of clothes, in the back of his closet. There were three articles of clothing, a sleek dark grey top, a pair of black trousers, and a red long cape, one that looked like it would trail on the floor. On top of the pile, was a silver crown, a smaller version of Dream's crown. 

"Try that on?" Dream asked hopefully.

Tommy stared at the clothes, his eyes widening. He nodded, his mouth still wide open in shock. Grabbing the pile of clothes, he walked to his bathroom, as Dream gave him an excited smile.

Tommy pulled on the black shirt and pants, the sleeves way too big for his frail and skinny hands. 

"I'm a fucking mess" Tommy whispered to himself. He was too embarrassed to have to show Dream that he could barely fit into the clothes. He tried looping the sleeves with his fist, scrunching it to make it seem tighter, but it didn't work. He had the same problem with the pants. Sighing, he just pulled the cape over his shoulders. He was right, it did trail to the ground.

Last but not least, the crown. He pulled the small silver crown over his head and stared at himself in the mirror.

He didn't look like himself. He looked like someone else.

He flashed himself a smile, and for once, he saw his eyes sparkle in the mirror. The person staring back at him this time was a different person from back on Earth.