𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊
COZEN | 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-
❝ 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔩𝔢𝔱 𝔫𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 ❞

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊COZEN | 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔩𝔢𝔱 𝔫𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 ❞

When Maya was a baby she was always whimsical; always whining, always moping, yet over time she progressively matured

When Maya was a baby she was always whimsical; always whining, always moping, yet over time she progressively matured. Maya had the misfortune to manifest her gifts too early, and since powers are connected to emotions, she had the occasion to suffer the negativity of her own since a very young age.

It all kicked off with a tantrum, this time caused by Lark who had been tugging at her hair cause Lark...is Lark. She was about four years old, although her powers had already been revealed, they were still tenuous; that's what Lorelai and Mark assumed, that they were innocuous, but they weren't conscious of the psychological harm they could inflict on their daughter.

She began to cry, weeping because Lark wouldn't quit with her hair and Maya, though temperamental, wouldn't hurt a fly; her feelings became overwhelming, her puffy cheeks were drenched in hot tears, while her rage and melancholy kept entwining. All of a sudden her eyes flashed purple, but not the vivid purple that shines in her eyes every time she employs her magic powers, but a sheer purple still not entirely ignited.

Lark unexpectedly began to shriek, all the while Maya sobbed, unaware that her powers were striking at her brother's psyche, who found his deepest terrors taking shape right in front of his eyes.

But they weren't even real.

Yet to his eyes they appeared so stark and terrifying, that he too felt the talons of dread brush his face and leave him paling, as he ceased pulling at his sister's hair but still maintaining his grip around her fair locks. He wailed too, and as his parents finally stepped into their living room, Lorelai almost blacked out when she found Lark riddled with scars gracing his skin.

And it had all been because of an innocent child, a child who was still clueless, and still was.

Maya was yet too small to understand, but every time she considered it, the realization that she had done wrong and the pangs of guilt swelled with her; her mother explained to her at the age of 13 how it had happened, thinking by now that her daughter was ready to begin learning the secrets of the magic that coursed through her blood vessels.