31

The light.

It was getting clearer.

The sound of silence hit my ears as I sorrowfully tried to clear my vision. The dark was still very much apparent but it was slowly emerging behind the bright and visible shining.

The fight to open my eyes was a hard one. The gloom of the eyelids kept blinding me, yet I felt a shimmer of hope once the light bestowed my vision. Hesitantly opening a portion of my eye was tricky enough so I blasted both of my eyelids open in a spring of a second.

Looking around, the memories came flashing back to me in small portions. The warehouse, Tatyana, Alister...

Cullen.

It was in that moment that I had jumped out of bed, completely disregarding my prior injuries. First thing was first, where the fuck was I?

My heart eased a little once I realized I was still in the same room where I had last left off. I scattered around the room in a hurry, trying to find anything that could explain my situation.

The last thing that I could remember was the sorrowful look that Alvie handed me right before letting me descend into my sleep.

I had no idea what to think. What to feel.

But I knew that before I could assess whatever was left of my feelings, I needed to find out what the fuck happened.

Just then, as if it was scripted, Alister walked in.

I almost cried out of relief when I saw his familiar face. Even though I knew I was not placed in a different location, the confirmation that I was still here was better than I could have imagined.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Alister's voice boomed throughput the room as he gradually placed a hand around my waist and lightly dropped me back on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked reluctantly, already fearing the answer I could potentially receive.

Alister's face scrunched up into one of anger.
"You were drugged." He replied, his arms tightening his hold on me while he sat on the bed, his hands still circled around me waist.

"Yeah. No shit. What happened after?"

By the furious expression on his face, I already knew I was not going to be happy with the answer but I couldn't help but notice a slight layer of amusement in his eyes on my clearly drugged form.
"They tried to take you. Apparently, they had a rat in here that wanted to send you to them as revenge against me."

"W-what are you talking about? Who's them?" My frightful tone managed to harden his grip around me in a protective stance.

Alister frowned, almost hesitantly as if he wasn't sure if it was a wise move to tell me or not.
"The Siberian mafia."

His words struck my heart without missing a beat.

"What?"

God, I said 'what' a lot. The fucking confusion.

"The Siberian Mafia. Those stupid idiots thought they could take you right from under my nose." His tone indicated rage but I was too caught up in my own thoughts to notice.