Chapter Twenty-Three || daddy issues

AROUND AN HOUR LATER, the house began to fill up with people from school, as well as old friends of Teagan and Caspian's that I had never seen before

I'm outside, sitting on a cushioned outdoor couch around the campfire with Eris, Bea, Caspian, Blaise, and Sawyer.

We're talking as we sip on our drinks, while the various people at the party are either in the house or walking around us.

"You guys are so cute together! I still can't believe you finally had the balls to ask her out, Cas." Eris chuckles, slouching back in her seat as she takes a swig of her beer. Caspian rolls his eyes as Bea's cheeks glow a shade of red. "About time if you ask me."

I knew something was going on with Cas and Bea right from the moment I saw them two together, but they only just told us that they are officially 'official'.

Last weekend, a few days after Sawyer and I had our little talk with Bea, Caspian asked her to go on a date with him, and obviously, she said yes.

Apparently, they both have had a crush on each other for the longest time, and, evidently, neither of them thought that the other reciprocated those feelings. Are they blind?

After that date, Cas asked Bea if they could be exclusive. However, they still think it's too soon to actually call each other boyfriend and girlfriend. I think because they've known each other for so long it's not too soon. But, I do see where they're coming from.

We're all sitting on the outside sofas, Eris, Blaise, and I on the three-seater while Sawyer, Bea, and Caspian are sat on the other. Vaughn went to go get drinks for us while the rest of the gang are spread around the house doing God knows what.

"Honestly, I thought it would never happen." Sawyer raises an eyebrow with an amused smirk on her face. Bea snaps her eyes to give Sawyer an incredulous look, raising an eyebrow in question. "What?" Sawyer shrugs, "y'all took your time."

"Preach." Eris tips her beer bottle towards Sawyer in a cheers gesture before she continues to sip on it.

"How long have you guys known that we've both liked each other... and then didn't tell us?" Caspian questions, a ghost of a smile on his face.

We all look at each other, silently deciding who is gonna say something first.

"Bea, three years. Cas, around a year or so." Eris shrugs before I begin to speak.

"Since I got here."

"Are you kidding me?! Even you knew. You haven't even been here for that long and you knew." Caspian laughs to himself, running his hand through his hair. "Jesus... we are clueless." He wraps his arm tighter around a giggling Bea. "What about the rest of you?"

"Since homecoming, Freshman year," Sawyer tells them, to which Bea and Cas both nod in understanding.

"What happened in Freshman year?" I curiously ask, looking towards the new couple.