thirty six

36| dead end

snowflakes fell, settling on the already white powdered ground, the evenness of the soft pillow getting destroyed by taehyung's firm foot prints the he planted while walking.

he always loved the snow, as a kid he always used to go outside, built snowmen, even if he was alone and disappointing his mother by doing that.

presently, he is outside, but rather then wanting to do snow angels and build a snowman, he felt numb and couldn't see himself doing that.

he thought walking through the snow would distract his thoughts about the night prior, but no, his mind loved torturing him.

so with a heavy heart, he kept himself up, dreadfully walking through the park, looking down. usually, he'd stop to take a photo of the beautiful winter landscape, or the frozen lake, but not even that passionate hobby was looking like fun today.

taehyung hadn't talked to anyone yet, though he promised jimin he would tell him what's wrong, he sneaked out of yoongi's and his bedroom before he could ask taehyung. he went to jeongguk's bedroom and checked his fever, growing worried when it was too high. so he got medicine, set everything ready for the morning and left.

blame him for not talking to anyone when he should, but sometimes talking is the hardest thing.

taehyung was scared of the reactions— he knew they all would tell him things like; jaehee is gone, you are with jeongguk, he loves you... and shit.

jaehee was indeed not here anymore, but jeongguk's love and longing for her was strong.

taehyung took a deep breath when he sat down on a bench, not caring that the back of his coat will get soaked by the snow.

he flinched when his phone ringed again ans started chewing on his bottom lip, desperately hoping for the caller not to be jeongguk. he didn't want to talk to him right now.

he took the device out of his pocket, looking at it, surprised and slightly relieved when he read the caller id. he quickly picked up.

"hello?"

"hey tae, it's me aro."

taehyung smiled lightly, but also frowned a little since he doesn't know why his sister would call him.

"why are you calling noona?"

she suddenly hung up and taehyung frowned, before he got hugged around his neck from the back.

"aro?" he questioned, a smile forming onto his lips when he turned around and saw his sister. "hey, babybro. nice hair colour."

the girl walked around the bench and took the place next to her brother. she looked happy— for other people, because taehyung saw the sadness in her glassy eyes. he ignored it though.

"since when do you go outside?" he questioned.

"it's snowing. i love building snowmen." she whispered, fiddling with her gloved fingers.

taehyung frowned. "you never build them before."

she smiled sadly. "whenever you... whenever you were outside playing with snow, i wanted to join. i wanted to play with you, like the kids in the tv, but mom was always disappointed when you were outside and i was scared she would be disappointed in me too." taehyung was beyond confused, he had never heard his sister be so sentimental.

"what's wrong noona?"

"i-i didn't know i missed you so much." taehyung's eyes widened when she hugged him really tight and cried against his chest. taehyung hesitantly and warily wrapped his arms around her too. "it's okay."