Chapter Fourteen: The Party

"This is what exactly?" Bloom and Aisha asked as we entered the party. Around us people were dancing, drinking and playing beer pong.
"It's the east wing of Alfea." I explained.
"It used to be used for war preparations, but since there hasn't been a conflict for a whole, no one comes down here." Terra added. "Except for tonight."
"You need a beer." Aisha told Bloom.
"I need a beer." Bloom said and the two of them walked away.

Me, Terra and Musa then started to approach a table to get ourselves some drinks. "Looking for anyone specific?" Musa asked Terra, smiling.
"No, no. I'm just looking for somewhere to put these down." Terra claimed as she showed us the box in her hands.
"What is in there anyway?" I questioned as I took the box from her. I then opened the lid to see several brownies. Musa picked one up and smelt it before looking at me and then Terra.
"Terra, are these...?" She asked.
"Yeah!" Terra exclaimed. "I can be a cool nerd.
"Look who showed their face." Sam smiled as he approached us. "With mum's Tupperware, no less."
"What do you want, Sam?" Terra asked him.
"I'm getting a drink, relax." Sam then looked at Musa. "Musa, right?"
"Thats me. Yeah." Musa grinned.
"Hi, I'm Sam." The two of them then shook hands. "What reeks?"
"They're for the party. Not for me." Terra said.

Dane then approached us. "I didn't think you'd make it." He smiled at Terra.
"Well, I just decided to come last minute." Terra told him.
"Yeah, so last minute that she had a few hours to make weed brownies." Sam said.
"Bye, Sam! I'll talk to you later."
"Bye." Sam smiled before walking off.
"Hey, Dane, have you seen Sky or Riven anywhere?" I asked the other boy.
"I think they were playing beer pong." Dane told me.
"Great." I smiled before looking at Terra and Musa. "You two have fun. I will see you later."

I began making my way through the party with a drink in my hand. But the time I found my friends, it was empty. Sky and Riven were playing beer pong against Bloom and Aisha. "Did you want a go?" Bloom asked me. I smiled as she handed me the ball and I stood at the end of the table.
"Three against two? Now, that hardly seems fair." Riven said.
"Life's not fair." I grinned before throwing the ball. It landed in one of the cups at the back and Sky sighed before downing the drink.

The game went on for ages without anyone getting a single ball in a cup. "Come on, Aisha." I said.
"We need this." Bloom added.
"I got you." Aisha smiled as she concentrated. She threw the ball and it landed in the cup and as I wooed, I saw Bloom's eyes flash orange. Sky then went to pick up the beer but he put it down immediately.
"This beer's hot." He complained. "Did you-?" Bloom laughed and nodded.
"Drink up. Them's the rules."
"You are so pissed." I smiled as I shook my head. Sky then frowned as he drank his hot beer and it was Riven's turn to throw the ball.
"Don't mess up." Sky told Riven.
"Aisha, use your magic to bounce it out." I whispered to the girl.

The ball Riven threw also landed in the cup but Aisha started to move the water, making the cup bounce back out and across the table. The cups at the other end of the table then exploded and beer went all over Riven. "The fuck?" Riven questioned.
"Sorry, honestly." Aisha frowned. "Sorry. I'll go and get some paper towels." I couldn't help but laugh as Riven stood there soaked. "What?"
"Oh, my god." Bloom sighed with a smile as we joined them at their end of the table. "You feeling a little more relaxed?" She then asked Sky.
"Certainly drunker." Sky admitted.
"Yeah, so much for not drinking tonight." Riven smiled. "But this one's a bit more fun that Stella."
"You are not wrong." I grinned as me and Bloom hit our cups together before taking a sip.
"She reminds me of Ricki."
"Who's Ricki?" Bloom asked. The smile on my face dropped as I looked at the boy.
"Riv." I warned. "Don't."
"What, you live with Stella and you don't know what happened to her last roommate?" Riven asked Bloom, ignoring the looks me and Sky gave him.
"I don't. But I certainly would love to." Bloom smiled.
"Riv." I said again.
"See, Ricki was Stella's best mate till she flirted a little bit too much with Sky here." Riven explained.
"Riv, I would never-" Sky began.
"Oh, of course not. But that didn't matter to Stella, and she showed everyone what a legit psycho she was." Riven continued.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Bloom asked.
"Stella used her magic to blind her. On purpose. She blinded her best mate." Riven finished.
"But that... that can't be true." Bloom was now frowning.
"Yeah. That's the story." Sky scoffed. Riven only smiled before walking away and I ran after him.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" I questioned. He turned around to face me.
"I just thought Bloom should know what she's in for."
"It wasn't your thing to tell." I frowned.
"Since when were you and Stella so close?" Riven then asked me.
"She's my roommate. Who says we can't try and get along?"
"Really convincing story, Eira." He replied, sarcastically. I scoffed.
"You've been acting differently this year, Riv." I told him. "I don't know if this has something to do with Beatrix or if-"
"IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEATRIX!" He shouted. Several people around us were now watching. Riven took a deep breath and sighed before lowering his voice. "It's you." I didn't say anything. I was too shocked about him shouting at me. "I'm gonna go and find a dry top." He finished before walking away.

***

"Eira! Have you seen Sky?" I slowly lifted my head up as Stella approached me sitting on the floor outside. I smiled at her and then pointed up.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I asked. "The sky."
"You're drunk." Stella sighed. "Come on, let me take you home." Stella then pulled me up to my feet and she caught be before I almost fell back down to the floor.
"I don't want to go." I slurred.
"We all have to do things we don't too, Eira." Stella told me.

Stella carried me out of the party and when we got back to the fairy hall, she sat me down on the steps outside so she could catch her breath. "What in earth made you decide to drink so much anyway?" Stella asked me.
"Riv." I sighed. "Why do boys have to be dicks?"
"Beats me." Stella frowned. "What happened?"
"He told Bloom about... Ricki."
"So, I heard."
"Why... why did you do it Stella?" I then asked the girl.
"I won't ask you about your last if you don't ask me about mine." Stella said. "I know what you did, Eira. I overheard you talking to Miss Dowling that night."
"I didn't do it purpose." I said as I lied down on the steps.
"Oh, no, no, no." Stella told me as she helped me back up to my feet. Her phone then buzzed several times and she looked at it. "It's a text from Bloom." She told me. "What the hell am I gonna do with you?"