33"

"Have you got anyone to go to the ball with?" Hermione asked Viola as they started getting ready for bed

"Not yet. A few people have asked me but I didn't really like the idea" Viola shrugged.

It was true, over the last few days many people had asked Viola out but she had politely declined each.

"Have you?" She asked Hermione

"Perhaps" Hermione smiled

"No way! Who?!" Viola asked excitedly

"Oh it doesn't matt-"

"Tell me right now Hermione Jean Granger!" Viola demanded

"Oh okay then, erm Victor Krum" she whispered

"Oh my fucking god!" Squealed Viola giving Hermione a tight hug "good going. He's hot"

Hermione only blushed awkwardly as she laughed at Violas excitement.

"Oh I need to find Mattia!" Viola said jumping up off her bed and running out into the common room with Hermione shaking her head amused.

Viola finally found Mattia outside the courtyard, with a group of his Durmstrang friends.

Viola waved him over as he approached happily.

"Hey!" She smiled "did you know Victor asked Hermione to the Yule ball?" She asked enthusiastically

Mattia nodded laughing, fixing her hair that had fallen out of place "I did. He's been talking about her none stop. Speaking of Yule balls... do you have a date?"

"Oh not yet" Viola replied "a few people have asked me but-"

"Well I can't blame them" Mattia interrupted "would you like to go with me?" He asked confidently, zero trace of nervousness. Viola could definitely see the resemblance between him and his mother.

"Of course" she smiled

"Great" he laughed doing up one of her robe buttons that had come undone "wait until our mums hear we're going together. They'll go insane"

"Oh tell me about it" Viola agreed with a smirk.

Seamus, Dean, Neville and Viola were all sat at the far end of the Gryffindor table in their spare period chatting and completing homework.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the table Ron was complaining about not having a date.

"This is mad! At this rate we'll be the only ones without dates. Well, us and Neville"

"Yeah but he can take himself" Harry joked

"It might interest you to know that Nevilles got someone" Hermione defended

"Urggg" Ron sighed "now I'm really depressed"

"One of you could always ask Viola. She told me she hasn't got a date yet" Hermione suggested

"Are you mental?" Ron asked "I'd rather keep my dignity when she rejects me thanks"

"She literally hates us" Harry said

"Violas gorgeous" Hermione reasoned "and funny and kind"

"Yeah, maybe to you" Harry rolled his eyes as Fred and George threw a piece of paper to Ron

"Get a move on or all the good ones will be gone. Who are you going with then?"

Fred threw the ball of paper at the back of Angelina Johnson making her turn around. He acted out some stupid arm movements, his way of asking her out and succeeding in doing so.

"Oi Hermione, your a girl"

"Yeah, well spotted"

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad"

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone asked me!" She said packing up her things and leaving the hall "and I said yes!"

———————————————————————————
A/N

I like Ron as a character but in GOF and OOTP he really grinds my gears