two

Jaemin returned home, frown still evident on his face but was quickly replaced with a smile at the sight of his dog that was still seated obediently on the couch.

"I found your other owner!" Jaemin cooed at the excited dog who was jumping around after seeing Jaemin.

"Only problem is, she didn't really say anything when I told her. Kind of like she didn't want me as her soulmate or simply didn't care." Jaemin said with a small frown and the dog's bright mood suddenly dropped, stopping his panting and looked at his slightly bummed owner.

"It's okay though! I can always try and talk to her tomorrow." He said as a smile came back onto his face after noticing the dog's drop in mood.

"Say, I don't even have a name for you... How does Buddy sound?" The dog suddenly barked at him and began wagging his tail again, showing the uplifting of his attitude after finally being named. He jumped onto Jaemin, licking all over his face causing Jaemin to stumble over with loud laughter emitting from his mouth.

"Alright alright! Buddy it is then." Jaemin said as he pet Buddy in an attempt to calm him down.

A wide smile formed on his face from the serotonin his dog now seemed to give him.

Jaemin sat down on the couch, Buddy following him and sitting on his lap and the two watched a show that Jaemin had put on.

A good hour passed by and Buddy suddenly looked up at Jaemin with sad eyes, causing him to become confused.

"What's wrong?" Jaemin asked with complete worry and that's when Buddy got up and went to his empty food bowl, picking it up and taking it to his owner.

Jaemin saw the look in his dog's eyes and realization suddenly hit him.

"Ah that's right. I need to buy some things for you.. Let's go to the store!" Jaemin exclaimed as he stood up, Buddy jumping up with him as well.

The two walked out to the not so crowded sidewalk and started walking into the direction of the pet store. Buddy was thankfully quite behaved so Jaemin didn't seem to worry much.

The two entered the store, Jaemin buying his dog some food, and a new water bowl since his soulmate still had the one assigned to them. He also bought the few toys the dog picked out for himself. Jaemin simply couldn't resist the look on his face.

After their small trip, Jaemin decided to call his best friend Jeno and his soulmate Kyungmi, seeing as how no one knows about his new tattoo and assigned soulmate.

"Jeno Jeno Lee~" Jaemin said the second Jeno picked up the phone.

"What?" Was what he got in response and furrowed his brows at the lack of enthusiasm.

"I'm coming over because I have some news!" Jaemin exclaimed, casually looking over to his side to make sure Buddy was still following him.

"You can just tell me through the phone." Jeno replied in a groggy voice as if he had just woken up.

"No can do. This is an in-person kind of conversation. I'll see you in 10." Before Jeno could reply, Jaemin hung up the phone and stopped walking, causing Buddy to stop as well.

The boy crouched down to the dog, gently placing his two hands underneath Buddy's jaw in an attempt to gain his attention and look him in the eye.

"Okay Buddy, we're gonna be heading to my friends house and I want you to be a good boy when we get there, okay? Make sure to not harm their baby." Jaemin said in a soft voice and Buddy simply licked his face as a way to say he understood his orders. Jaemin laughed a bit at the sudden action and ruffled the fur on Buddy's head with a bright smile.