Chapter Fifteen: The Almost Truth

Stella began walk as quickly as she could with my arm around her shoulders to help me walk. We made our way to the Stone Circle where we found Musa, Terra and Aisha. "You got the text too?" Musa asked us. Stella nodded.
"Is she... is she drunk?" Terra questioned.
"We were on our way back to the suite. I couldn't leave her." Stella said. "Where's Bloom?"
"No clue. She just told us to come to the Stone Circle." Aisha explained. I then squinted my eyes as I saw two figures running in the distance.
"Red." I said as I tried to point in the right direction. The girls just looked at me gone out.
"What are you on about?" Terra asked me.
"Red." I repeated as I tried to stop my arm from moving.
"There!" Musa exclaimed. "Bloom."
"And Sky." Stella added.

Musa then took me under her arm. "Go. We'll catch up." She told the girls who started to run out into the forest, past the barrier. Me and Musa moved as quickly as my legs would take me. My head was beginning to spin.

We reached the barrier and when we did, we stood behind Stella as a burned one was approaching Sky and Bloom. "Close your eyes." Stella told us as she raised her hands forward. Musa pulled my head into her chest as Stella blasted the burned one with light. When Musa let me go, Bloom threw some fire at it.
"AISHA!" She shouted, before the other girl sent a wave of water over it. Sky then approached the burned one and stabbed it with his sword, sending it to the ground.

Musa sat me down on the floor as she began to approach it with pink eyes and a frown. "Wait." She told everyone. "I don't think it's-" The burned one then started to stand as the girls jumped back and screamed before it exploded.
"No, it wasn't dead."
"Shit." I whispered as I looked up at my godmother.
"But, it is now."
"I think I'm gonna be sick." We're the last words I said before I tilted my head to the side and began to throw up.

***

"Drink this." Sky told me as he sat down on the edge of my bed and handed me a glass of water. I thanked him and took a small sip. "I don't know what Stella was thinking. Taking you out there in your state."
"It wasn't her fault, Sky." I told him. "She didn't want to leave me by myself."
"It was still stupid."
"Drinking so much was stupid." I sighed as I leaned back against my headboard.
"Why did you feel the need to drink so much in the first place?"
"You didn't hear my fight with Riven then?" I asked, smiling. Sky shook his head. "I confronted him about why he's been acting... strange, lately. I don't know what I expected the answer to be. Beatrix, maybe."
"What did he say?"
"He said it was my fault, Sky." I frowned. "This summer we were getting a long so well. Then at the start of term we were normal, I guess. And now... I don't know, I'm just being stupid."
"Well, whatever it is... I'm sure it's just Riven being Riven." Sky reassured me.
"He told me he loved me, Sky." I said.

Sky looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. Clearly this had been the first he had heard of this. Riven had promised me that he wouldn't say anything about that night and clearly he didn't, even though I expected him too. He didn't even tell Sky what he said to me. Sky then opened his mouth to talk but he was cut off by the door knocking and we both turned to se Miss Dowling stood in the doorway. "You should go." I told him. "Go to Silva."
"Okay." Sky whispered as he kissed my forehead and left the room.

"Whatever lecture you're about to give me, can we save it for tomorrow?" I asked the woman.
"It was stupid, going out there drunk."
"We were all a little drunk." I sighed.
"At least the others could stand." Farah told me.
"What do you want me to say? I'm sorry?"
"Yes."
"Oh." I said. "Well, then I'm sorry."
"Good." The woman then smiled. "Get some rest. We'll talk tomorrow."
"Actually." I said. "Could we talk now?"

Miss Dowling the entered my room and shut the door behind her as I reached for the yearbook on my bedside table. "I borrowed this from Terra's dad." I told her. "I was wondering if you could show me my parents?"
"Eira." Farah frowned as she approached me.
"No, don't do that." I told her. "I don't know anything. I've never even seen a picture of them. I just want to know if look like my mother."
"Eira, you won't find anything in there."
"What do you mean I won't find anything?" I questioned. "You told me you and my mum were best friends when you went to school. She made you my godmother when I was born."
"She was a couple years older than me. Our families were friends so we grew up with each other." Farah told me.
"Can I at least see a photo?"
"I'm afraid I don't have one on me." The woman then pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You know, I always wondered why you didn't like your red hair."
"I should go to sleep." I said as I closed the yearbook and put it down.
"We'll talk tomorrow."

Miss Dowling then left as Stella entered the room before climbing straight into her bed. "I've been meaning to talk to you about what you said." I told her.
"Which part?" She asked me.
"The part where you said you know what I did that night." I explained.
"Oh... that." Stella frowned.
"What exactly did you over me and Miss Dowling talk about?"
"Look, I meant what I said, Eira." Stella said. "I won't ask about it. And you don't have to worry. I won't tell anyone either."
"I'm sorry for those things I said about you."
"What things?" I thought for a moment.
"They're really not worth repeating." I told her. "I'm sorry for being hypocritical."
"What's done is done."
"Yeah, I guess." I whispered before reaching over and switching off my light and lying down in my bed. "Thank you." I then said. "For tonight."